Bad picture, but deal with them for now.

IMG_0121.jpg

Here's the new Star PSS-300, pretty nice build quality (coming from a WA addict).

The first thing you'll notice is that it's freaking huge, and not even a Desert Eagle will compare (neither did my MK23 with the silencer).

Competition grips:

IMG_0120.jpg

Adjustable trigger:

IMG_0119.jpg

Muzzle (yes, UnCo orange tipped it)

IMG_0122.jpg

Loading chamber:

IMG_0128.jpg

Things that I've noted:

No magazine, no instruction manual.

The entire red thing is the gas tank. I doubt you'll need to refill it.

No hop.

Nice huge adjustable sights.

I'll put up a more formal review later.

Feel free to ask questions here.

Who knows, maybe it's supposed to be like that, perhaps star has one of those hop twist barrels.

considering hop-up is for longer range, not greater short-range accuracy. Of course it doesn't have hop.

It's a target gun, and as such it needs to have very high short range accuracy.. hop-up would not only be pointless, but detrimental.

hbc.

Based off Snowman's reviews.....again

PSS-300- Star

As the producer of AEGs with lame internals, Star has finally made their first gas based Airsoft gun.... I only got it to preview the AW338's gas system.

DSC00013.jpg

Yeah....

In the Box

The box is just that, a box. Nothing fancy, but holds the gun very well....

DSC00014.jpg

No bbs, no wrenches, no manual...just the gun, foam, and a sticker.

First Impression

The first thing that you'll notice is that it's freakin huge. About the length from my finger tips to my elbow.....

This gun is pretty much full metal, and is very well casted.

DSC00015.jpg

There are nothing that I can complain about, cosmetics-wise.

DSC00016.jpg

Metal parts includes everything, except for the rubber seals and the grip.

Closer look

It's pretty long, so I'll go one part at a time

With the muzzle, I think it's really cool how they added portings to the side of the muzzle.The front sight is very well made, and can be adjusted to move foward or back (altering the size of it in the sight picture).

DSC00017.jpg

Accurate markings, for what is really is.

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

Pretty much everything on this gun is adjustable, from the trigger height, length, pull weight, angle orientation, rear sight elevation and windage, and the palm rest.

DSC00022.jpg

Shooting impressions

I loading up the gas, pulled the trigger, and heard "pooft". I thought it was a light strike, but when I looked at the target, it had a hole right through the center.

This thing is VERY quiet, even more so than the TM MK23 with the silencer attached.

DSC00024.jpg

I decided not to go with Snowman's 5m test, as the PSS-300 was meant to be accurate at longer ranges.

DSC00024.jpg

From about 15m, the grouping was very impressive.

Power ranged from 350-380 FPS.

Trigger pull was VERY light, enough to be depressed by 6 quarters.

Conclusions:

Very impressive, and gave me a good idea of what the AW338 would be like. It's sturdy enough to carry into a skirmish, might I add.

How much was this thing? How do you load it? Do you have to place a bb in the chamber manually for each shot? Last question, is there any type of PCS?

I really hope they make a rifle version of this..or something with a stock and adjustable hopup.

Edited by Marine47

This is 208USD at airsoft-war4. You load it by opening that cover near the rear sight and putting a bb in and then closing it and then you load gas into that big red cylinder thing. And yes you have to reload the chamber after each shot. PCS? I'm not familiar with that term, what is it?

The STAR AW338 Rifle will have a folding stock, gas reservoir that holds enough to fire at least 100 shots and a 50 round mag. It comes with a bipod with a leg in the back of the stock to make aiming easier.