MadBull C02 conversion.

kronic

If you used your eyes you could see its modeled after a Version 2 gearbox, so it'll fit any AEG made to fit a V2.

Well at least it will fit most AEG's I bet if the gearbox is a success they will make Ver.3's too. I'm thankful that it fits an MP5, finally I can buy a CA MP5A3 with blowback, great power and no needs for battery changes every now and then, CO2 is great right now in my book, I'm buying the thing along my CA MP5 as soon as it ocmes out! Of course, I'll only buy cheap g&g mid caps and fill them with 30 rounds just like the real one and make it even more realistic, hmm... I just wish the MP5's cocking lever was functional...

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised that no one has considered the possibility that most stock aeg bodies are not built with strong internal blowback in mind.

What I'm getting at is that this modification may shake your gun apart or almost certainly loosen it alot...

*gets superglue ready*

I've been chatting to the manufacturer about the product and it looks good. The CO2 does go in the grip as a capsule, but from what I've seen of the design it could easily be adapted for a tank in the stock.

As soon as I've got more to stick online I will. Variable power would also be nice to see as 470 isn't a viable power level at all places.

Assuming the system isn't too wasteful on the gas front 50-100 shots seems reasonable from a 12g CO2 bulb based on current air gun technologies.

It will certainly be an interesting design to see and play with ;)

ooo mann Swweeeetttt.There will be a way to set it up to a 9.0oz Co2 tank externally right? I can see my dream gun now. SG1 LMG with recoil. *Creams* opps! *excuses self to go to bathroom* LOL So basically it takes out all the gears and other parts in mechboxes, and uses the Co2 to propel the bb?

:D Wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

ahahahaha, GBB sg1 !!!!!! (clears throat) yes i agree, i do believe i will purchase one of these fine items . . . BUT one question, all aeg`s are fundamentally electric nbb`s, so how much playing around on our part is going to be taken to make a nbb a gbb, or are we expecting companies to just create gbb kits for all our favourite guns ?

I`ll admit the idea of a gbb assault rifle is dam appealing but there will a be a hell of a lot of cost involved, aeg, madbull`s Co2 gearbox, huge amounts of spare parts building a blow back system that will be mostly trial and error. Everyone says they will get one but i have a feeling it`s gonna be the biggest flop of all time right next to the sinclair c-5, don`t get me wrong I want it to work but i have a feeling I`ll end up saying "finished . . . now how much did i spend ? sh*t . . . one gbb sg1 for sale . . . " :unsure:

If these come out in version 3 gearboxes and are doable with an external rig... AKS-74m... to think we could go to actual retractable stocks and not have any losses... maybe this will inspire other companies to make steel kits (for those guns that do) as high of a quality as the guarder ones... To think... classics in all their glory will become... boring and stupid...

CA M249... gas gearbox... (not really a gearbox anymore is it...) uber high ROF and no worries about stripping anything... Why hasn't anyone thought of something like this sooner... its rather ingenious and sounds like it would be pretty easy to do... the selector bit is the most difficult thing I can think of...

Maybe we can look forward to a hybrid that moves the shell ejector doors and allows for full auto much like some paintball guns nowadays (yes I am idealizing paintball in this very... very rare case). This adjustable FPS is a VERY nice idea... use the same gun for CQB and woodland... cqb lower it down to 275 and woodland up to 325... with minimal effect on range thanks to hop ups...

This has great potential...

Alex "Col Sanders"

SubzeroMTH@AOL.com

*Hard*

I would love to have one of these in a PSG1. Maybe a G3SG1. I mean you have a 10 shot mag in your sniper rifle so 100 shots of CO2 by 10 shot mags = 10 mags or so. I would never shoot 100 times with a sniper. thats means BAD AIM! lol

*Siciro Cant Wait To Read Review Of CO2 Conversion!

*edit for spelling/punctuation*

Gnaha... Mad Bull Airsoft... maybe they should chance their name to mad cow disease airsoft? :D

Hell CO2 Powered Airsofts are powerful... to powerful for skirmish usage. But if the System is reliable (not like KWC CO2 GBBs) it could be interesting for fun-shooting. But I'm a little worried about reliability, cool-down effects and possible damages to the AEG shell if a malfunction occurs. Also you have to shot until the co2 cardridge is empty, you can't leave it in half-full condition in the system.

Hmmm.

Looks interesting. But I want to see the thing in me hand (and have agood look at the quality of parts/ tolerances etc) before I part with hard earned....if it was worth it it will make a really useful peice of kit for VN reinactors, since the M16 blankfires are getting rare

And from 4-5 years experience with my SIG 225, expect cooldown on cold days

Of course it'll still have gears. How else will you pull the piston back?!  :blink:

Perhaps you were just joking, it's hard to tell from looking at a piece of text.

I would be very surprised if it had a piston, it wouldn't be very efficient, it would make more sense if it's simply a self contained GBB system.

Even if it had a piston the CO2 would probably shoot the piston forwards, and a recoil spring would have it return back automatically, sortof like open-bolt GBB but with a piston propelling the BB.

It would be a horribly stupid design if they used a piston for compressing air to propel the BB instead of the CO2 propelling the BB directly though.

The CO2 would continuously expand behind the BB inside the barrel, constantly pushing it, making it possible to use LRB's instead of regular tightbore hopup barrels.

Having the CO2 propeling the BB would also make the BB accelerate constantly as the gas expands inside a longer barrel, making it more gas efficient.

If instead the CO2 pushes the piston and not the BB directly, it'd require more CO2 per shot to reach the same FPS.

Archived