MadBull C02 conversion.

kronic

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps you were just joking, it's hard to tell from looking at a piece of text.

I like to keep people guessing. ;)

TBH, I like my super-reliable, super cheap-to-run AEGs but I am currently considering a GBB SMG just for yucks.

Instead of doing that, coupled to my rather perverse affection for the MP5, I'd love to bung this inside my MP5 and create a GBB MP5.

Hang on...

Question: How would you set that thing up to fire semi or auto and connect to an AEG fire selector?

I bet that'd be the hardest part of the whole design.

As others have said, I'll only really consider owning one of these when I see a picture of it on Arnies front page.

Right, time to sort out the facts,

First of all, this product is designed to be semi only atm, to prove this, il quote from the horses mouth:

Semi not Full auto. We may need a chip (electronic board) to make it full auto. Like some of the paintball guns.

Next is that even if you manage to put in an electronic circuit board (which atm will not be sold with the gun), you will only be able to get 30-50 shots out of the 12g bottle before it runs out.

12g at 470 fps will only allow you to shoot less than 50 shots.

and yes, the power output can be lowered

They have a forum too if this hasnt been mentioned before

I'll certainly be looking at it with some interest, I'm looking at the moment at a modified bullet valve system, this would save me a fair amount of engineering.

Of course My gearbox is still in good enough nick that I'm not racing out to buy one immediately - just because it sounds like I've got a cat trapped in it and it doesn't work.

As for breaking the AEG body... <strokes welded steel plate of MINIMI>

Of course I'd be looking at 20oz cylinders and probably one per game at least.

Right, time to sort out the facts,

First of all, this product is designed to be semi only atm, to prove this, il quote from the horses mouth:

Next is that even if you manage to put in an electronic circuit board (which atm will not be sold with the gun), you will only be able to get 30-50 shots out of the 12g bottle before it runs out.

Ouch... Not full-auto? Chip? That does imply that it has electronics, I am not sure about this anymore. :unsure:

Why not just stuff a GBB type action in a gearbox sized case? At the beginning of this thread I mentioned my classic Marui Gas shell-ejecting MP5. It stores gas in a cylinder in the grip, and has an adapter for external. Perhaps the ancient secrets of this were lost in 1991.

-WMH

• 10 months later...

Taken from Madbull's website-

After 7 months waiting and 30k investment, 470's research and testing is finished.

Including:

(1) Gear Box Body

(2) Steel Trigger

(3) Tactical Charging Handle (Optional)

(If you don't buy our charging handle, you need to modify your original one by yourself to fit 470 system.)

(4) External CO2/ Gas adaptor (Optional)

Features:

(1) 12g CO2 cylinder on your grip

(2) Real gun action (Using charging handle for first shot.)

(3) 12g Co2 cylinder for 90~120 rds (Depends on pressure.)

(4) Operated on 600~1000 PSI

(5) Velocity: 90~110 m/sec (Upgradeable to 150 m/sec)

Release Schedule:

Molding: January

Mass production: Middle of Feb.

I can't wait :D

ah I was wondering what was taking so long, the original version I knew about didnt come with a charging handle, external adaptor, ran at lower pressure/power among other things.

my 3rnd burst setup should still work though

yaaayy

hopefully its still ~200

• 2 weeks later...

Lets give this topic a nice kick to the surface again:

after some e-mailing with Madbull, i came up with some more nice information:

Q. Is the price still being around $200?

A. Yes

Q. What kind of modifications must be done in order to make it ready for the 150m/s model?

A. The easiest way: Use external Gas supply and adjust pressure to 1000 psi

Q. What kind of modifications do i have to make into the charging handle to make it fit?

A. Very easy. Our design is for DIY. YOu don't need specail tools.

Q. Is there still something you called "Hard recoil power"?

A. Recoil is still hard!

Question: What are the Power source options?

Answer: There will be a lot of option for power source:

a. Grip- 12g CO2 cylinder (~80 shots in 20'C)

b. Grip- 12g refillable CO2 cylinder (~50 shots in 20'C) (Refillable kit sold sapreately.)

c. External Gas Source by coil hose

d. Buttstock internal CO2 tank. (Under development.)

We are investing molding now.

Will be released soon!

(this isnt the exact email, its a summary with leaving all the unneeded parts out. But nothing has been changed about the 'real' data).

If i get some more details, i might post them here, if they arent on his website :)

Archived