MadBull C02 conversion.

kronic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I sent them an email yesterday and.....

Hi Derek,

We have about 10 pcs available now and already shipped 3 pcs to Korea and 1 pc to USA for testing.

In the beginning, we think everything has been well tested  by us and will ready to ship the otehr 1000 pcs. However, my friend in Korean foudn some tiny problems.

These problems can be fixed by end users easily but we want our product shipped without any problem....

I need to say sorry again. In order to keep our good reputation, we have no choice but delay our schedule again. These modification will cost us another 5000 bucks, but we have no choice...

Best Regards,

Mad Bull Airsoft

Fax: 1.626.609.0329

Address: 2319 Chico Avenue Suite #2 , South El Monte, CA 91733

Yay!

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT News....I just received an e-mail from airsoftgi.... here's what it says

Date Ordered: Saturday 18 February, 2006

The comments for your order are

Dear Customer,

Sorry for the long wait, but the Mad bull Gearbox is finally in stock. We will

have it shipped out to you ASAP, can you please verify your shipping address?

Thanks

Airsoft GI

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Pending

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

IN STOCK! Ready to be shipped! Woot! Gonna review that sucker the second I get it!

I don't know the answer to number one, I just preordered mine at airsoftgi. For number two, I unless I'm mistaken, the 470 should be shooting around that fps range, 300-330 fps. Shots per CO2 capsule I think was around 90, which is a lot of trigger pulls if you think about it. I just hope the change will be quick and painless.

after dissasembling my m15 several times, it seems it shouldn't be too hard to swap out. basically u have remove the body retaining pins x2, then u have the mag release, a pin that holds the mechbox right above the trigger, screws holding the plastic piece used to funnel bbs from the magwell to the mechbox x2, motor plate screws x2, the pistol grip screws x2, the big screw holding the stock in place, and after u remove those i believe you can just pull the whole mechbox out. shouldn't be too hard

Will someone make a video review please, I'll host it.

to all you lucky people who preordered, heres the manual again so you can familiarize yourselves.

***CREDITS TO DONUT FOR THIS PDF***

according to the manual, it seems as if the actual problems weren't with the gearbox, but with the nozzle cycle or feeding and hopup.

http://teamof.com/470manual.pdf

they gave a special shoutout to the arnies users, how sweet :P

maby in an updated design they will do like PDI and make the hopup integrated into the mechbox?

Well, there's a hole for the mag release to go through, it's part of what retains the box in the lower body. What I can't get is what the need for a selector plate would be. Couldn't they have just preinstalled it? That probably would have made it more secure.

i don't think it's locked back. since 1 of the pin on the body is missing that holds the mechbox into place, it looks like they just took a shell and put in the components just for a picture op. so the charging handle is not connected to the spring that it's usually connected to. so after it was cocked it didn't slide back because of hte absence of a spring

The charging handle locks back on real AR15 rifles?

Last time I shot one was about a year ago but I do think I remember that the charging handle locks back with an empty mag provided you pull it back.

Although, having it lock back when your firing would be unpleasant at least <_<

i don't think it's locked back. since 1 of the pin on the body is missing that holds the mechbox into place, it looks like they just took a shell and put in the components just for a picture op. so the charging handle is not connected to the spring that it's usually connected to. so after it was cocked it didn't slide back because of hte absence of a spring

Suppose you're right as I can't seem to find any mechanism to lock it back in the schematics of the co2 gearbox.

Archived