Carter Special

ColDaz

Hey,

I'm bit of a Stargate fan...atic, so have decided to try and put together a 'Carter Special' M4 type thing...

Anyway, I've had a good long look at the images I could find of the gun, and decided that this is what I will need, but I am having trouble finding anywhere some of the parts, and am unsure about some of the stuff I will have to do to put it all together.

1) ICS M4A1 - Probably fixed stock so the wiring is there if I can get a stock that fits a battery.

2) Samurai Elcan Scope - http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/r...clan_review.htm

There are more pics of the Carter Special at the bottom of this review.

3) Short RIS/RAS (whats the difference?) system - Not sure which one will look like the pics below, and also, the top rail runs from before the scope to the front of the gun.

4) Shorter barrel and Flash Hider - Not too worried about this right now, as this can be fixed later. Flash hider may be from an M60, I can't really tell. See pics below.

5) Sniper style stock/grip - This is where I'm having my trouble really. I can't seem to find anywhere a stock for an M4 that has the grip sort of built in, and joined to the stock by another piece. A bit like a P90.

Here are some pictures, well links to www.gateworld.net, showing the Carter Special. If there is a problem with linking to another site, legal issues or not, I will be happy to remove the links.

Front View

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/graphics/718_10.shtml

Side View - Minus the torch, you can see that the top RIS rail goes from the very front to past the scope, and I think that the flash hider looks kinda like an M60 one, but I'm definately not 100% on that. You also can't really see that well, but the stock and pistol grip are joined a bit like a sniper stock on a Dragunov, and this is the stock I can't seem to find anywhere.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/graphics/709_23.shtml

Other Views

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/graphics/709_25.shtml

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/graphics/709_26.shtml

So, to sum up, I'm looking for:

An RIS/RAS system that will look like the ones in the pictures.

Some way to make the top rail on the foregrip and the normal one on an M4.

A sniper style stock for the M4.

Any advice to help with this creation.

Thanks for any advice/help,

Daz

*EDIT* About a minute after I posted this, I found this...

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/trade/productview/384

...if it will be suitable?

I have made the Carter Special as an airsoft replica, I will see if i can get a pic up very soon.

The sniper stock that right make, is nearly the correct one, but it is slightly to long compared to the real one used on SG1 (although no one will probably notice)

The RIS on the special was a cut down standard RIS for a M16 of some variant, you can see it has been cut down as the barrel end, is silver, ie. exposed metal still, apart from that is really just a basic RIS i think.

I used a cut down M4 one on my carters special as the one on the show is 5 holes long, where as the RIS i bought was 6 holes.

The samurai elcan is a nice peice of kit though, heavy and well built, I did have a bit of trouble fitting it to my CA M15 ris rail though, it need a slight sanding to fit perfectly.

I just went with a standard, M4 flashider on a short outer barrel on mine, I think the show used one is just an M4 one aswell.

The Carters special is not light though, it's about the same as my minimi, especially when it's got the box mag on it.

I think it will take most large batteries, as it's about the same size as the solid M16A2 stock. I don't have anything larger than 9.6v mini at the momment so i can't say for certain.

You just missed me selling one of my sniper stocks (had two originally, on different guns)

I'll try and get a pic of my "special" shortly.

The foregrip/barrel looks like the M4 SD but with just a barrel and flash hider. The major question i'm thinking is WHY WOULD YOU PUT A SNIPER STOCK ON A CQB LOOKING GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

check out the jet customs under AEGs on www.wgcshop.com think they look like that.

Technically it's an ergonomic thumbhole stock, just because it's commonly termed "sniper" does not solely classify it for the purposes of sniping. ;)

Whoopdeedoo :D

God i hate this guy - he's always right!!!!!! except on spelling occasionally :P

fair enough but all the same it GENERALLY is used in the rôle of sniping! (you even got accents today arnie ;) )

I suppose that's why it's on that wierd looking SD thing on WGC

The foregrip/barrel looks like the M4 SD but with just a barrel and flash hider.

I did just that and used the RIS set from a G&P m4cbr set that came with a silencer. I sold the silencer on and attached a 14mm+ flashider to the end of the short outer barrel, so the flashider just sticks out from the egde of the RIS, pretty much the same as the Special in SG1.

The Right sniper stock is probably not as stong as the solid stock from say a Marui M16A2 but that said it is not flimsy. I used some modelling epoxy to fill the emtpy unused spaces in two sniper stocks and i must say they feel nice and strong now, and weigh more aswell.

Took some pics yesterday of mine, just got to transfer them to my pc.

Great help kids.

Just a thought though, if I were to take the silencer out of a SD M4 kit, it will still be pretty stable? I mean the RIS part.

And which set did you use for it? I'm lookin around for a 5 hole one, but...meh (shrug), I guess I can cut one down.

Daz

Great help kids.

Just a thought though, if I were to take the silencer out of a SD M4 kit, it will still be pretty stable? I mean the RIS part.

And which set did you use for it? I'm lookin around for a 5 hole one, but...meh (shrug), I guess I can cut one down.

Daz

Not having the silencer installed makes no difference to the RIS stability, as the RIS and barrel are free floating design, just have to make sure you screw the RIS firmly into place, and get it to line up correctly, which can be a bit awkward.

I used the G&P CBR set (called something like that) but you can use any free floating RIS set, and trim it down with a hacksaw to length.

The SG1 carters special has 5 holes, but i think that most of the available airsoft ones are 6 holes, so they will need trimming, to be totally accurate.

I actual trimmed mine down to 4 holes as i wanted it to be a bit shorter than the SG1 one, but it's a very minor difference that most people wouldn't notice, just what i preferred.

Pics are on there way shortly, it's not my camera i used so i have to wait for the guy who owns it to put the pics on disk.

Matt

I guess it would actually be more accurate if it was cut down (''The RIS on the special was a cut down standard RIS for a M16 of some variant, you can see it has been cut down as the barrel end, is silver, ie. exposed metal still'') and I would get the nice silver at the end, so that will be ok.

No worries about the pics mate.

Daz

Archived