M9 SD

ICQB

ICQB SD

Px4 Storm

Px4 Storm SD

STOP!

SUBTITLE-TIME!

notquitescott.jpg

In fourth installment of the Jurassic Park franchise, the Raptors learn how to use guns. Tacky? Yup. Awesome? Hell yeah.

notquitescott.jpg

It's peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly and a mark fourteen....

Okay, I really can't refuse to write on this topic, thou I haven't got much to say either.

Anyhow, I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one suffering from Ghost Reconism. More specific diagnostic of my Ghost Reconism is the so called GRAWism.

It was nice to read through this topic and see how different people consider Ghosts, but it was a bit weird at the same time, as my point of ghost-view is totally through GRAW. I also have played the original game, but I agree that nowadays it is a bit too old-school already.

Jagdraben listed a pretty nice set that will make you more of a Ghost, thou my list would probably include only advanced gear. So let's say that one of the major things that "make" you a Ghost is modern gear (In my opinion of course). I would also like to point out that the Ghosts use ACU's in GRAW2, but if you are going to be an ACU-Ghost, please make it really look like that as you can easily misdress yourself as a basic grunt.

I'm also putting together a Ghost-type loadout, but it's not going to be 110% correct from any pics or videos (only 95%), it's more like something they would use in a different environment. I'm not giving out any details before it's done. Except that I have BHi Fury Kevlars, the official GRAW-gloves. Then I'll post a pic of the complete set and let you judge it. :)

[Edit:] Also, the sniper rifle in GRAW is Barret M99, not M82. ;)

[Edit2:] I apologize that my post is a mess, I really couldn't hold my thoughts from breaking apart while writing this.

Oh, the multiplayer. I forgot it even existed. :) Never tried thou. Only few times with my friends, but we went cooping through the campaign anyway.

But yah, who's to tell if the correct one is M107 or M99. For me, it's M99. In general, it could be both.

So let's say that one of the major things that "make" you a Ghost is modern gear

Oh and I really need to add one very important point to this. It's not enough that you have modern gear, you really need to know how to use it properly and really give you an advantage! (And I'm not talkin' about "not feeling" any hits because you had double CIRASes.)

• 4 weeks later...

It's not restrictive at all. I have a big head (as in physically big, thanks to my Bohemian genes)... and I've never covered my nose with it or any other balaclava. Dunno why. Guess I just don't like having my noze squished. That and I wear glasses and it seems to be a sure fire way to get them to fog up. Anyhue, I've never had any fog-up problems due to the hood.

• 1 month later...

OK. Played GRIT yesterday, and here's what I got from the load-outs used in that game by the generic characters (not the unlockables).

Rifleman:

-M16A4 with AimPoint and standard foregrip. With M203, the foregrip is the M203-type.

-LBV-88 (Woodland, of course) with LC-2 belt, BHI butt pack, and two canteen pouches.

Support (Automatic Rifleman):

-M249 (the 'MkII' version)

-SPEARS vest (?) and MOLLE OTV with four SAW pouches, black commercial CamelBak, LC-2 belt with BHI buttpack

Sniper:

-Unknown (didn't get that good a look at them)

Demolitions:

-M4A1 w/ Trijicon reflex sight (in game it actually appears to have a 12- or 13-inch barrel, rather than either an 11.5 M933/733 barrel or 14.5 M4 barrel)

-SPEARS vest w/ MOLLE OTV, LC-2 belt w/ two canteens and BHI buttpack

Further, all the models seemed to have the following:

-US Woodland utilities

-USGI Nomex flight gloves

-Boonie cap

-Jungle boots

-Unidentified drop-leg holster (nylon, OD)

As an interesting sidenote, L Cohen appears to have a Six-color Desert cover, while the 'generics' all had Three-color covers on the missions taken from Desert Siege.

Archived