Zeke Desert eagle metal body

FUmiYAsu

Hi,

Just got myself a TM DE and the zeke frame + slide. Managed to install the whole thing without anything major. Majority of time spend trying to clean the white paint off.. but anyway I was left with this metal rod tht came with the slide's package after putting it all up. Does anyone know what does tht do?

Just to keep the thread interesting, here's the finished piece. Side polished and waxed to prevent oxidation.

CIMG1727.jpg

CIMG1726.jpg

it wasnt as hard as some of the sources on the internet suggests... There's three things tht needs to be done mainly (apart from disassembling the DE itself) Remove the paint from the lower frame using some paint striper, file a little bit inside the mag well until smooth ( doesnt take more than 5 min) and file part of the bit under the chamber cover following the instructions (can be done quickly with the rit tools... Overall i wouldn't say it's hard at all...

it wasnt as hard as some of the sources on the internet suggests... There's three things tht needs to be done mainly (apart from disassembling the DE itself) Remove the paint from the lower frame using some paint striper, file a little bit inside the mag well until smooth ( doesnt take more than 5 min) and file part of the bit under the chamber cover following the instructions (can be done quickly with the rit tools... Overall i wouldn't say it's hard at all...

Well it all worked well, it looks very very good! All credit to you.

Sam

I'm getting this kit soon, but with only the top slide part. Will I need to do anything to the regular part of the frame? Like doing the hite paint thing?thanks. I think thats recoil rod, might be the where the recoil spring goes. Like the part that sticks out right below the a beretta barrel or something. Not sure what its called.

It should fit right on and the white paint thing only applies to the lower frame... However, you will still need to mod the bit under the chamber cover...

basically this http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=26701

you need to do it to both sides of the barrel assembly...

and it's not the recoil spring guide... it quite a bit wider then the spring guides... it's like a airsoft gun barrel but without a hole in the middle... i will try to take a picture later..

If it's about 20-30 mm long, it may be the mock gas piston. It would be located at the front of the slide, and it slides into the outer barrel in the front of the gun.

Very nice looking gun with the polished sides and all.

-Sale

If you read the instructions with the kit, well, look at the Japanese text and the badly photocopied pictures...

It appears that this is designed to REPLACE the barrel. I believe this might have something to do with Japanese law and metal framed firing pistols although that is only a guess....

Basically you can disregard the brass rod as it is not required to make the frame and slide fit.

Come to think of it, the Zeke slide and outer barrel kits for the TM M92F and Tactical Master also come with a metal rod, but it's aluminum and it has a C-clip.

Yes, it is to be installed in place of the barrel. I don't know if it's because of the law, or are they simply including one for people who use the guns as movie props. You know, for added security. Of course if that were the case, it would also make sense to instruct how to keep the follower down to prevent the slide from locking back.

-Sale

If you read the instructions with the kit, well, look at the Japanese text and the badly photocopied pictures...

It appears that this is designed to REPLACE the barrel. I believe this might have something to do with Japanese law and metal framed firing pistols although that is only a guess....

Basically you can disregard the brass rod as it is not required to make the frame and slide fit.

oh yea... it could have helped if they printed the instructions all in a little book instead of tiny bits of paper... i just got everything out again and it appears that there really is a little piece of paper talking abt how to replace the barrel with a rod.... :D but as usual man just don't read them...

Come to think of it, the Zeke slide and outer barrel kits for the TM M92F and Tactical Master also come with a metal rod, but it's aluminum and it has a C-clip.

Yes, it is to be installed in place of the barrel. I don't know if it's because of the law, or are they simply including one for people who use the guns as movie props. You know, for added security. Of course if that were the case, it would also make sense to instruct how to keep the follower down to prevent the slide from locking back.

-Sale

I wonder if blocking the barrel would give a harder blowbk since no gas is used to push the bb....lol :P

new problem developed... the combination of green gas and 170% recoil spring destroyed the rear part of the nozzle... <_< .. does anyone know if the guarder one is any better?

there is no such law...

the only restriction is that i can't use green-gas or higher.

seeing as the Desert Eagle can use green gas ANYWAY, i don't think its an issue.

Oh yes there is. Thats why the lower frame is painted with a white primer.

Same with the Zeke metal Tanaka revolver frames.

And its why NO Japanese manufacturer offers metal slide/frame equipped guns straight from the factory.

Even their blank-firers or cap-guns are made of ABS.

Some manufacturers got raided and temporarily shut down (think it was Digicon and someone else) becasue their guns exceeded the 0.98J limit.

They were .02J or something ridiculously tiny above the limit but the Japanese police took it that seriously.

The guns can use any gas they want as long as the muzzle energy is less than 1 Joule ;)

Archived