M700 Tightbore

visionviper

IIRC, the First Factory 6.03mm tightbore for the Tanaka M700 (this product) works with the KJW M700. I am planning to purchase it soon, so I just want to make sure that it will work in my KJW M700.

EDIT: Oh, and I am 99.999% sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find the thread, so if anyone does find it, I would like to read it.

I am working from memory here, so someone please correct me if I am wrong.

As far as I remember, the Tanaka barrels are different. The KJW has a more AEG style hop apeture on its barrel, rather than the 'round hole' that the Tanaka barrels have, so I dont think they will be compatible.

but that said, the hop housing for the KJW is 'almost' identical to the Tanaka one, and the two can be interchangeable, so I think it would be possible to get the Tanaka hop housing, Tanaka rubbers and the tightbore barrel and get it all to fit.

hopefully someone with a KJW and a Tanaka in front of them can confirm this.

Either that, or post some pics in here so I can have a nose.

Well from what I remember the actual metal bit that surrounds the barrel and contains the rubber is a two peice affair in the KJW, but in its external dimensions its the same as the Tanaka one (which is one peice).

So they 'should' be interchangeable.

It is of my opinion that the KJW hop would be more consistent than the stock Tanaka system anyway (I dont rate it much) due to it being a more enclosed type rubber.

It may be possible to fit a Tanaka barrel with a BGS rubber (which I do rate, very highly) inside your existing hop housing.

If you can get some pics of the KJW hop housing and some dimensions in MM then I can measure mine up and confirm this for you.

Archived