Magpul MIAD Grip for Airsoft

alpha54

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
link? pic?

I do not have a link or a pic, but I am sure about the accuracy of this information based on an email sent to me by Magpul PTS:

Please be advised that Magpul PTS MIAD Grip for airsoft M4/M16 will

available next week.

Regards

Magpul Professional Training & Simulation Division

(Magpul PTS)

:)

Do we know if this will be available within the USA, or will we have to buy them from Airsoft retailers in Asia? I really wish I didn't have to buy the Magpul Ranger Plates (airsoft versions) from Hong Kong. Seems kinda silly to have to buy an American made product from a Hong Kong store. <_<

The MIAD grip is something I'm very interested.

I just got the real steel MIAD grip in a couple days ago... I'm very excited about the airsoft version. Very comfy grip. I hope all the different panels are the same for the airsoft and real steel versions...

FYI, I talked to someone at Magpul and they said that the new MIAD hand grip for AEG's will not come with the different modular attachments (panels).

FYI, I talked to someone at Magpul and they said that the new MIAD hand grip for AEG's will not come with the different modular attachments (panels).

Well, if its the MIAD grip just for airsoft... then I'm pretty sure you'd just be able to attach the real steel panels!

Well, if its the MIAD grip just for airsoft... then I'm pretty sure you'd just be able to attach the real steel panels!

The Real Steel MIAD grip comes with all those optional panels for the user to configure however they want. I think what is indicated here is that, the airsoft version won't give you that option because the grip will be pre-configured for you. When you look at the RS MIAD grip minus the panels, the dimensions of the grip itself probably doesn't have enough room for an AEG motor. Therefore, the only way they can make it work for airsoft is by making an AEG grip that looks like a MIAD grip but in reality is just an outer shell for the AEG motor (like regular AEG grips are) and that the panels are part of the shape of the grip. The AEG MIAD grip's panel lines are probably fake and molded into the grip to give the impression of separate pieces. Hence, it is a permanent configuration. But I could be totally wrong of course.

SilentScope, can you comment on how you modified your RS MIAD grip for AEG usage, and are the panels still reconfigurable?

Nope, you can see clearly on those pictures that the "panels" are actually part of the grip. It is just molded to look like a MIAD. Too bad.

Ahhh... got it! I was under the impression that the pics posted my SS were RS modded grips. Glad to know my theory was right. ;)

I'm still buying these grips... I just hope US retailers will carry them, preferably for cheaper prices than HK retailers will sell them for, and preferably direct from Magpul themselves.

I bet these are going to cost almost as much as the real steel grip.

If thats the case (while i love magpul) i am of the opinion that they can bite my *albatross*. Just because the dimensions of an AEG handgrip are larger than their real steel counterparts, that doesnt mean they couldnt replicate the modularity of the real steel version. I think its just laziness on the part of magpul but who knows.

Im a little perturbed by the fact that it seem as though magpul is simply trying to cash in on the airsoft craze rather than innovate.

I dont know, these opinions may be completely unfounded.

i am of the opinion that they can bite my *albatross*.  Just because the dimensions of an AEG handgrip are larger than their real steel counterparts, that doesnt mean they couldnt replicate the modularity of the real steel version.  I think its just laziness on the part of magpul but who knows.

I know what you mean... So the dimensions are bigger - no problem right? They could've still kept the modularity of the design... :unsure:

I'd like to point out that they said it won't come WITH the atachments, not that it's not modular. This doesn't meen it won't be, there needs to be some clairification. It could simply be that it is just a base grip and you can buy the atachmets seperatly.

I'd like to point out that they said it won't come WITH the atachments, not that it's not modular. This doesn't meen it won't be, there needs to be some clairification. It could simply be that it is just a base grip and you can buy the atachmets seperatly.

But if you look at SilentScope's pics of the prototype MIAD Airsoft Grip, it is clearly stated that the configuration of the grip is non-adjustable and is molded into its particular layout. Without seeing those pics, your reasoning definitely makes sense, but if those pics are anything to go by, I would lean towards the production airsoft grip being pre-molded into that shape. It's possible that if Magpul tried to make the grip modular like it is on the RS grips, they might have to sacrifice the grip's RS dimensions. I'd rather have a MIAD Airsoft grip that is as close as possible to the RS dimensions, than one that is too wide in any one dimension.

Archived