Magpul MIAD Grip for Airsoft

alpha54

Any way you look at it you're never going to have a grip thats dimensioned exactly the same as a real steel grip, they're honestly not even that close.

Airsoft grips are much fatter/wider than their real steel counterparts.

Adding the back strapping would absolutely NOT add a whole helluva lot of size to the grip to the point where it wouldnt look like its real steel cousin.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. But from the info we have so far it would imply that the decision has already been made for us. Well I guess we'll find out this week sometime. Whether the grip is still modular in design or cast into a specific configuration, so long as it's as comfortable as the RS, and works correctly with our AEG components... they'll have my money. :)

To everyone complaining about the modularity . . . on the real one you have to pull the grip off your weapon everytime you want to reconfigure the grip. The come off from the top - not the bottom. And the panel pieces are a pain in the *albatross* to get off - I scrape my fingers everytime I do it. I have two of the MIADs, one on my bushmaster M4A3, another one I modified for my AR10, since they're specifically designed for the M4/M16 series of weapons.

So unless you wanted to spend 15 minutes pulling your motor out, pulling the grip off and swapping panels - just for the "cool factor", I don't see the point. Not to mention that after repeatedly pulling it off and on again, you'd probably strip the screws that hold the motor plate in and the actual assembly to the gun and be griping about that.

Not bitching at anyone, or picking on anyone, just pointing out the facts.

-Slo

To everyone complaining about the modularity . . . on the real one you have to pull the grip off your weapon everytime you want to reconfigure the grip. The come off from the top - not the bottom. And the panel pieces are a pain in the *albatross* to get off - I scrape my fingers everytime I do it. I have two of the MIADs, one on my bushmaster M4A3, another one I modified for my AR10, since they're specifically designed for the M4/M16 series of weapons.

So unless you wanted to spend 15 minutes pulling your motor out, pulling the grip off and swapping panels - just for the "cool factor", I don't see the point. Not to mention that after repeatedly pulling it off and on again, you'd probably strip the screws that hold the motor plate in and the actual assembly to the gun and be griping about that.

Not bitching at anyone, or picking on anyone, just pointing out the facts.

-Slo

and our point is, the main selling point of a MIAD grip is the modularity. Take that away, and you don't have a grip any different than any other grip. Sure it may be inconvenient to reconfigure the grips, but I rather live with that inconvenience if magpul were able to accomodate the motor and keep the modularity. I've tried countless grips from falcon ergo grips, to the hogue grip, and now a battlegrip. It gets expensive buying a bunch of different grips only to find out that it didnt fit as comfortable as you thought it might have OR lack the QC to even have been released in the first place.

I'm not trying to diss magpul, at least they are releasing a MIAD look alike grip to us. I'm sure the repo manufactures out there wouldn't have been able to replicate the modularity, and fit a motor in at the same time.

As for me, hell, at first I wasn't going to buy it, but I probably will, just to complete my project build.

Came across this link from a Japanese site advertising the airsoft MIAD.

Babelfish translates:

* MAGPUL corporation (MADEINUSA)

* It corresponds to the M4 series

* Dupont nylon material

* "MAGPULPTS" trademark, PTS = Professional Training & Simulation Division (simulated training for professional)

* Inside the grip, the internal organs way it is possible, REdesign & private motor cover attachment.

* Variable back panel does not belong. It is one size of co-cured.

* Color: Black, OD and Dark Earth (a dark tan color)

So basically, it's molded and cast into that shape. Made from "Dupont nylon material"... sounds good. Not sure what exactly this implies: "Inside the grip, the internal organs way it is possible, REdesign & private motor cover attachment."

They list the MSRP as ¥8,085 and their price as ¥7,700, which makes it about Us$67.00 and US$64.00 respectively. However, I find this price highly unlikely as what we'll be seeing it listed at in HK, given that on the same page they list the Magpul PTS Ranger Plates as costing ¥6,720 (roughly US$55.60), whereas the average price from Hong Kong retailers is around US$26

So by that ludicrous logic, I suppose we can estimate that the MIAD will cost roughly half of what that Japanese site is asking for... around US$ 32.00? Hopefully we'll know soon. The wait is killing me!

Maybe some of you guys have seen this, but i posted these pics on the armalite picture page:

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

Its a REAL STEEL miad magpul grip that I got onto my airsoft CQBR. I am a big magpul fan, so getting one of these and being determined to get it on my cqbr was a must. So for the realism fans, it IS possible to get a real miad grip on it. With the systema magnum motor, it was risky business to make the motor height correct in the grip. It takes patience, a good dremel tool, and good measurements. Plus, I can change the panels to adjust to hand sizes. :)

Maybe some of you guys have seen this, but i posted these pics on the armalite picture page:

*snip*

Its a REAL STEEL miad magpul grip that I got onto my airsoft CQBR. I am a big magpul fan, so getting one of these and being determined to get it on my cqbr was a must. So for the realism fans, it IS possible to get a real miad grip on it.  With the systema magnum motor, it was risky business to make the motor height correct in the grip. It takes patience, a good dremel tool, and good measurements. Plus, I can change the panels to adjust to hand sizes.  :)

Nicely done! I really like the fact that you were able to keep the trademark on the bottom too. Looks like the AEG PTS version won't have that. Do you have any pics of how you modified it?

Nicely done!  I really like the fact that you were able to keep the trademark on the bottom too.  Looks like the AEG PTS version won't have that.  Do you have any pics of how you modified it?

I dont have any pics because I didnt have a camera to take them while I was working on it. But it was a tedious job; and there is A LOT to dremmel. To make your lives easier, you should just wait for the miad airsoft replica. The pictures were just to motivate the people who are interested and to show that it is not impossible. :)

MIADs available at Redwolf Airsoft!!! Only in black though, but the price tag is awesome: $29.95 !!! That's even cheaper than I originally expected. I just ordered 3 of them! :)

Hopefully more colors soon (I need a Dark Earth/Tan one bad!)

Here's the link to them: MIAD

I hope I left enough there for the rest of you guys! ;)

MIADs available at Redwolf Airsoft!!!  In all colors, and the price tag is awesome: $29.95 !!! That's even cheaper than I originally expected.

Fixed.

RedWolf usually seems to upload just one color on the news page, but when you click on the link you see all the color options. This way the front page doesn't get flooded too much.

-Sale

Archived