• Dalnet
    • Freenode
    • Gamesurge
    • IRC.Bondage.com
    • Zirc
    • Back to Darkmyst
    • What's wrong with Xombo?
    • What are you all on about?

Given the increasing unreliability of the server Arnies IRC chat is based upon, and due to popular demand, I've opened a thread giving you all the choice where you would like to move to.

Vote where to go to, peeps. :) If there's a place you can think of, feel free to suggest it. :)

'On second thoughts let's not go there...It is a silly place.' ;)

Quakenet is winning at the moment. Quakenet has the advantages of being a large reliable server which many users may already have accounts on.

However one disadvantage is that users with common names (eg Marlowe, Stealthbomber, etc) may struggle to use that name on the server. This can be worked around by using the ^ character in the place of As, etc, and it doesn't concern me, but I just wanted to make folks aware of that before we decided on that one as a certainty. :)

Edit: as Quakenet is currently winning, we've just set up a trial channel on there to monitor stability compared to Xombo. Anyone curious or just wishing to get their nicknames registered in advance of any potential move are welcome to join us on irc.quakenet.org at #arniesairsoft. Thanks. :)

The quakenet channel is fairly stable, and is getting good feedback from users so far. The one downside appears to be some names (eg Jack_Bauer) are already taken, although some (such as Marlowe) were not. As it stands unless there's a large shift in favour of another irc channel on the poll, we'll probably make the move to Qnet asap, to minimise any inconvenience. :)