Montanastan Special Forces

Jagdraben

In an effort to curb the cost of my next load-out and to (hopefully) be able to afford a SiGArms 1911, I have been thinking about a sort of 'militia' load-out (or perhaps some sort of Delta load-out).

The inspiration. (GR2:SS)

As you can see from the above image, this is no mere militia load-out. More of a Eastern European or Central Asian special forces load-out. Now, the above image shows what is supposed to be a Kazakh spetsnaz operative, Senior Sergeant Grigoriy Koslov. His kit is, from what I can tell, a Russian 'Delta' winter jacket in Russian Tiger, US Six-color Desert BDU trousers, commercial boots (probably Merrell's), generic fingerless gloves, a watch cap, a hoodie, and what I think is a Grad-1 (in the game) or a Grad-2 (in the concept sketch).

This is, of course, the inspiration.

Now, what I'd like to be able to do would be to mix desert- and woodland-type camos and have something that's usable for both of Montana's seasons. The Kalashnikov will be replaced with an M4/M14. And since it's winter, I guess I'll start there....

What I would like to use would be my recently purchased Desert Tigerstripe. I've been looking at Russian and American camouflage winter jackets and have to say that nothing has really jumped out at me, yet. I've considered the Russian Tigerstripe, but I honestly think it would look a little funky with the DTS. I will be expirimenting with Sinotarn and DTS, but that won't cover Winter.

The (expirimental) Spring/Fall load-out (items that I have are demarked with a star (*)):

-DTS trousers*

-Suede, tan boots*

-Fleece jacket*

-Sinotarn jacket (worn over fleece)*

-Eagle MOLLE chest rig (CB)

-Eagle M14/M16 magazine pouches (CB)

-Utility pouches (CB)

-CamelBak Thermobak 3L (CB)*

-Wool Jeep cap (OD)*

-Black or CB flight gloves (with forefinger, thumb, middle finger cut off) or Mechanix gloves (the commercial solution!)*

-Shemagh (OD/Blk)*

Summer is identical, except for the lack of a fleece top and replacing the Jeep cap with, perhaps, a ballcap or balaclava or maybe an eight-point USMC garrison cover (if I can find one in OD that doesn't have an EGA on it). The biggest problem with the Sinotarn (other than not covering Winter) is that it also has the fake PLA banner glued to one sleeve.

In any case, any Winter solution should cost less than $100USD, not including the cost of the chest rig and pouches. That's $100USD to buy and ship one winter jacket (suitable for Montana winters, mind, not English winters) and possibly a pair of trousers.

The weapon for the load-out will be my M14 SOCOM, a MK 14 Mod 0 EBR (if it ever gets here), or an M4A1 with a replica ACOG (or possibly an ELCAN if I feel like it) and barrel-mounted flashlight or an M733 with a replica Aimpoint and a barrel-mounted flashlight (no RIS/RAS foregrip, no funky buttstock, just an Armalite with an optic sight and a torch).

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: For a sidearm, I'm thinking an M1911A1 in a US M1916 leather holster and olive canvas mag pouches mounted on a web belt.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the sounds of it, practical and can be altered to suit other loadouts and tailored to specific games...I like that Im not the only one trying to think from a practical "what do I need" as too many people get stuck with what looks the most shiny setup they can do.

The M4/M733 sounds like a great idea, to me either of those would look SF, dont need all this bolted on stuff which just gets in the way :D

I would say don't do the Barrel mount for your Flash light when you use a ACOG.

The barrel moves when you shoot(on RS guns ofc) and if you use a barrel mount you end up with a gun that is not as precise as it could be. And the point of using a ACOG is to get a precise weapon!

Just my 5cent

I think I'd rather go for the M4A1. Longer barrel plus possible jealousy from my roommate (who loves The Punisher but got an M4 with a full length fixed stock and a fixed carry handle).

In any case, with a 5.56mm NATO rifle with an 11.5 inch barrel, you're not going to be very precise, anyway, especially in a combat situation. And the main reason you strap an ACOG to a rifle isn't for precision, but to give you a better view of what you're shooting at.

If I got the M733, I'd have to stick an M203 on it... Israeli special forces style. Might not stick an Aimpoint on it. I don't feel like buying a carry handle-mounted ACOG, in any case.

So... the M4A1 is less likely to be used by forces given/buying surplus American weapons and the M733 is fairly likely to be used by forces given/buying surplus American weapons.... But the M4A1 would be more useful for someone fighting in/around Montana, as this is a fairly rural state... not as built up as parts of Israel and Palestine are. BUT, an M4A1 could be said to be a C8 purchased from Diemaco/Colt Canada, which would make the rifle more 'worldly'.

So. Yeah. :(

Anyhue, I think that I'll buy a pair of MultiCam trousers and the Russian 'Delta' jacket in Tiger for Winter and then buy a MultiCam shirt for Summer, late Spring, and early Fall.

Its airsoft... I doubt it will make that much of a difference! :P

yes ofc. But if you are trying to look the part it is no good.

5.56 is a good round, and even with a 10.5" barrel you will have a good zero. But it is airsoft so yes, you use the acog to see your target better not to hit it in the eye like in the real world;)

To be honest, that looks very similar to an M4, just with a different outer barrel, slightly different hand guard and a non-removable carry handle as far as I can tell.

I had a look at some more WGC Custom offerings, as the metal bodies are rather nice and they're supposed to be pretty well-constructed, so for the price you should be getting a pretty good deal...

Here's all of the ones I think you should consider and would go well with the look you're going for:

M4 Commando: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...20Custom%20AEGs

M4A1: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...20Custom%20AEGs

M16A2 Shorty: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...20Custom%20AEGs

M733: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...20Custom%20AEGs

To me, the M16A2 Shorty just seems like an M4 with less flexibility really, as you can't remove the carry handle should you ever wish to.

Either way, I hope this helps you in some way! :P

I would say don't do the Barrel mount for your Flash light when you use a ACOG.

The barrel moves when you shoot(on RS guns ofc) and if you use a barrel mount you end up with a gun that is not as precise as it could be. And the point of using a ACOG is to get a precise weapon!

Just my 5cent

A, this is airsoft,

B, barrel mounts arefine... as my sa80 will tell you after having a barrel mounted flashlight for obua still shot 25mm at 200m.

unoess armalites are that bad :)

Jag, id say m733 without optics... or aimpoint on the carry handle at most, your going for a less well funded SF look, so dont uber l33tify it :)

no m14 ebr, thats too far

id say an AK or something really...

Just wondering, are you still considering the M16A2 Shorty or did any of the other guns tickle your fancy? ;)

I think that the M16A2 shorty is supposed to be similar to the longer-barrelled CAR-15s used by the Delta operators in Black Hawk Down. In any case, I think I may try to make a 'recce'-type rifle... get an M16A1 or -A2 and replace the full stock with a telescoping stock. Maybe put an old-style 'M16 sniper' scope on it. Or maybe a 'tactical' Kalashnikov, like those used by Iraqi special forces. Or maybe an FN FNC. A G3K would be nice, too, but no one makes those. A G3A4 might work, too (whenever CA finally releases it).

no "tactical" AKs please....I'd think 5.56mm rifles as more appropriate, being that type of munition maybe more readily available in the land of montanastan (located in North America correct?). I'd say any type of colt commandos, 733 or 933...or M4A1, but no ris or ras. ACOG or Aimpoint mounted on the carrying handle..

How about using a ALICE load out? what about Sinotarn jacket, dcu pants?

(I can't wait until my trip to China in a few month, I'm going to buy ton of stuff.)

Archived