Montanastan Special Forces

Jagdraben

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... FNC, SCAR-Light, HK416 (apparently it's in use with the Taiwanese Coast Guard and Malaysian police), an AK-104, or a G36K (doesn't look quite terrorist-y enough without a G36C carry handle, though).... Decisions, decisions. A SiG SG551 would be nice, too. :( *Sigh*

I'd suggest the new Folding stock Type 89, yes maybe a little expensive for a civilian group, but pretty much anything that takes STANAG mags will be. But the Type 89 is probably the most unique, and very sleek and futuristic looking. Very good choice in my opinion. Not to mention the internals are great, as well as the externals, burst is nice as well.

Hmm... FNC, SCAR-Light, HK416 (apparently it's in use with the Taiwanese Coast Guard and Malaysian police), an AK-104, or a G36K (doesn't look quite terrorist-y enough without a G36C carry handle, though).... Decisions, decisions. A SiG SG551 would be nice, too. :( *Sigh*

Is this the most well funded rebel group ever? Or does your back story include raiding several military Arsenals in your build up? Remember with a back story you can be who ever you want to be :P

We're either mercs or we're a very-well funded Third World group of insurgents/para-militaries/commandos. Since our group has, as I've mentioned, very gucci guns (AR-15s with RIS, two or three G36Cs, a P90, a UMP, and a handful of less 'expensive' weapons, namely a couple of newer-model Kalashnikovs, an MP5, an M14, and a G3-SAS), with a mish-mash of camouflages (hunting, DPM, Tigerstripe, digital, MultiCam, and, now that we've moved away from playing against the other airsoft team, US Woodland has started showing up).

I love the Type 89 that I own. But it's a gun that I can neither bring myself to use nor sell. I don't know why. I may sell it to one of the locals to fund a new AEG, though. I will cry when that happens.

LOL I know what you mean. It's the same for my moded G3, I love it and made it to suit my specs. But my M3S90 is so much fun that I can't bother taking any other toy out anyhow... Maybe once I get a decent SG551, or some other sexy AEG like a shorty FNC... Not sure yet, I might get a M3S90 just to customise for fun!

That sounds like a good set up Jag, gonna use an inokatsu kit on the TM AK-47S?

On the team my honest opinions are as follows, if anything sounds whiny or critical that wasn't my intentions ^_^

Our team is pretty much everyones personal taste thrown together. I really think we're too disorganized in structure and leadership to put any sort of label on us team wise, but it's fun that way since we all get to arm ourselves with what we want, and pick our own uniforms/gear out.

But we also suffer at times with game times being canceled and not having a good communications network set up, although lately. It's getting better though, but I wish you could get the word to me quicker on games if that's possible(I dont know when you get told etc. so that may be impossible and you are indeed doing the best you can and I appreciate it)

• 10 months later...

Funny by what can happen over a few (several) months. I have a VFC AK-105 on the way (funny how I came back to the exact same thing after so long). I think I'll get the TM AK-74M side mount and a Guarder Elcan replica. Gucci and rebellious at the same time. The only question now is LBE, with a complete TT MAV in OD leading my thoughts, but for one thing: The CamelBak is CB and they don't make them in OD any more. Of course, it doesn't help things at all that my Sinotarn is too heavy (in my opinion) for Summer games. And now that Mike (who previously used naught but hunting camo) has adopted MultiCam (with a hunting camo boonie), it gives me a reason to lean toward the MultiCam. Which, given the whole Poles copying it, could work together with the AK. Looking back on this does give me a few ideas, though....

I would like to add MARPAT desert trousers, for the length and general brown/tan-nes of it. But, even then, that leaves LBE wide-open and unfilled. Maybe a Soviet Afghanistan-era chest rig or Grad-1 with some sort of milsurp European pack with the Camelbak thrown in it. Anyhue, but I digest.

Archived