CA - SCAR-L Hands On Review @ AEX

orca

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well looking at the Star photo's,there doesn't appears to be no fake gas sytem which could mean the battery goes in through there.

Yeah, carrying stick batteries around is SOOOOO much fun...

The scar is a slim gun, getting anything else than a stick type in there is simply impossible.

I find the solution with the battery in the stock much more appealing, even if a little wire is to be seen on the backside if the stock is folded (which I won't do in the field anyway).

A few little details make the STAR offer more appealing to the nitpicking guys out there (correct locations of the rear locking pin and stuff like that), but for the skirmisher seems like CA will be on top.

The CA SCAR inner barrel will be 383mm long. So a 363mm barrel, which is already available, should fit without sacrificing too much additional accuracy (2cm is not that much after all).

Well 2cm may be alot to some people (looks cheekily).

Anyway the SCAR seems a good gun so im just waiting to here some good reviews and i may get one myself.

'FireKnife'

:P

2cm more or less certainly can mean a lot - ask any woman. :rolleyes:

I have my SCAR on preorder already and all the aftermarket parts I plan to put in it are on their way as well, chief among them is a 363mm precision barrel. I think it will take several months before someone comes up with a 383mm one and the difference will be neglible I think.

2cms here have much less meaning than 2mm elsewhere. :D

Well my GF certainly worries about barrel length.

She uses my P90 so what do you expect (hehehe, you though i meant my manhood).

Im just wondering about the price and wether this will fit into my new kit.

(Thinks of digital camo with a SCAR-L and a full cross-com, but still getting pw3ned by a damn n00b)

'FireKnife'

Do you mean the price of the gun or the barrel?

The gun goes for 405 USD at RedWolf if you decide to pre-order. After the pre-order period expires, I expect the price to go up approximately 20 USD.

As for the barrels, they go for about 50-60 USD.

For that little cross-com project, take a look at the Stabo CMP-07 headsets (only compatible with Kenwood pinout, sorry), they should make the audio portion of that project possible (since it's just a plug in the ear but also does the microphone's work too - enormously convenient and better than most throat mics out there sound-wise).

Why would the price go up 20 dollars at redwolf?

Just fyi, prices for CA guns from HK dealers usually tend to be higher than US retailers.

I really wouldnt recommend spending 405 plus 60 dollars shipping on a gun that can be had for 370 plus 20 dollars shipping in the united states.

It's just guessing, but having pre-ordered several guns by now, I'd say it's something I have come to expect. For example the MP7 went up in price by 10 USD and you got a free additional magazine as well with the pre-order. Since the SCAR is almost twice as expensive as said MP7, I expect the price rise to relate to that.

And yes, CA seems to focus on the international market, hence the price differences. I can get CA guns cheaper at a local store than import them myself from Hong Kong. I guess that has to do with ASG doing almost all of the logistics. Plus they are the ones with the realsteel manufacturer licenses, so ASG "lends" them to CA in order to enable them to get the markings on their gun right. Probably CA has to pay a little fee to ASG per sold gun for the license, therefore it would make perfect sense for ASG to try to reach a market way bigger than China, Japan and Taiwan.

If nobody knows, I get a friend of mine to ask CA/ASG about the price differences directly at the IWA Show coming weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

yes, they are truly, honestly and most definetly in stock at AEX. I guess I should have stated this in the first post regarding stock on 3/15.

No nitroairsoft quality info here LOL!

It's rather wierd that there have been so many differences in arrival time if they are all coming from Spartan. What I don't get is how some of the ETA times are on the 25th... That's on a Sunday, I don't know of anyone who ships on Sunday. Oh, well. Perhaps man is not meant to know these things ;) I'm just getting antsy about getting mine. That and I'm kickin myself for not preordering from AEX...

Archived