Tigerstripe

blackknights

:D hehe, I'm sure a few people will get worked up at the title, Personally I think it works really well and looks cool. Is there anyone else that thinks the same?

www.opsgear.com have different types including tactical tiger stripe (my personal favourite)

Please, don't turn this into a dissussion about flectarn *looks at phoenix and destrukto*

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a big fan of the tiger stripe, it looks alright, but it's not exactly my cup of tea

Give me a set of Flecktarn or CADPAT and I'm as happy as can be  :D 

And it's spelled Flecktarn, with a k after the c  ;)

what did i just say?

Please, don't turn this into a dissussion about flecktarn *looks at phoenix and destrukto*

and thanks for the spelling tips ;)

But then again Phoenix Cheaper than dirt probably calls it that cause it isnt true Flecktarn,is that import imitation stuff,got a SAAV with that crappy wanna be Flecktarn though the pic had looked like the real deal it was not.

So I kinda dont mind that they do cause it isnt worth calling it Flecktarn if it sucks.

As far as Tigerstripe,I have been tempted to buy a set for some time now,cause I like the looks,I also like the Russian types available. I would think Tiger would be better for evening games.

Most of the Flecktarn CTD sells is issue gear, all my Flecktarn I've ordered has the German military markings on it.. I know there's some obvious knockoffs and such, but oh well..

Are you implying that Flecktarn sucks??

*shoots Dodger in the nuts*

Just in case :P

:offtopic2:

Most of the Flecktarn CTD sells is issue gear, all my Flecktarn I've ordered has the German military markings on it.. I know there's some obvious knockoffs and such, but oh well..

Are you implying that Flecktarn sucks??

*shoots Dodger in the nuts*

Just in case  :P

:offtopic2:

:angry:

you're doing this on purpose aren't you. :waggle:

please gentlemen, back on topic, remember....... TIGERSTRIPE

And I will once more mention it again just to clear stuff up...

What I meant destrukto was that they would have some nerve calling that *suitcasey* import stuff Flecktarn,you seen the import stuff right? is not colored nor patterned properly,and is way to shiny,in other words it sucks and is a poor attempt to gain sales calling it Flecktarn,a camo I am very fond of,so I feel they call it Flectar cause it would be a crime to call it Flecktarn punishable by getting dragged through the street by a rope tied round the nads on the back of a truck.

So in other words I am not saying nothing bad bout Flecktarn at all,am merely trying to defend it from such cheap rip offs offered by Cheaper than dirt,though they do have some Flecktarn they mostly have crappy Flectar.

Flectar to me = cheap Flecktarn ripoff.

Also they actually have one of those cheap looking import hats at Flecktarn.co.uk

take a look and match with the real thing you will see what I mean by cheap ripoff.

And sorry blackknights for not staying on topic.

And I will once more mention it again just to clear stuff up...

What I meant destrukto was that they would have some nerve calling that *suitcasey* import stuff Flecktarn,you seen the import stuff right? is not colored nor patterned properly,and is way to shiny,in other words it sucks and is a poor attempt to gain sales calling it Flecktarn,a camo I am very fond of,so I feel they call it Flectar cause it would be a crime to call it Flecktarn punishable by getting dragged through the street by a rope tied round the nads on the back of a truck.

So in other words I am not saying nothing bad bout Flecktarn at all,am merely trying to defend it from such cheap rip offs offered by Cheaper than dirt,though they do have some Flecktarn they mostly have crappy Flectar.

Flectar to me = cheap Flecktarn ripoff.

Also they actually have one of those cheap looking import hats at Flecktarn.co.uk

take a look and match with the real thing you will see what I mean by cheap ripoff.

And sorry blackknights for not staying on topic.

phew... I almost thought we had a case of blasphemy on our hands... Thanks for clearing that up... I was about ready to get out the stakes and torches... ;)

I think this thread has been ravaged enough... maybe we should let it continue on it's natural course ;)

I rather like the Desert Tiger Stripe camo that Tac one is pretty nice as well kinda messes with my eyes though,but that could be a good thing.

Have you used any kind of Tiger in a skirmish before? how well did it blend in?

I am only really sketchy bout the black stripes on the regular I think that would be a possible flaw,the desert is well done,kinda DPM looking would think that would work out pretty good.

I rather like the Desert Tiger Stripe camo that Tac one is pretty nice as well kinda messes with my eyes though,but that could be a good thing.

Have you used any kind of Tiger in a skirmish before? how well did it blend in?

I am only really sketchy bout the black stripes on the regular I think that would be a possible flaw,the desert is well done,kinda DPM looking would think that would work out pretty good.

I've only got the tactical stuff, It's great for urban cos it's darker than the regular or marpat urban, but unlike black, it still helps break up your outline quite a bit (especially at night time)

The regular stuff is really good, never used it myself but I've seen loads of people using it and it works really well, especially in more densely populated woodland and bracken. And I thought the black patches on it would give you away too, but from what i've seen, when you're well dug in, it works as well as woodland DPM or dare i say it..... flecktarn *runs*

personally i think it breaks up your outline better than regular DPM, but maybe that's just my eyesight.....

I might get some of that Tac Tiger Stripe... I need new BDU's, and that was one I was considering. It seems like it would still be able to give me pretty good hiding capabilities in woodland because of how it s colored.

Also considering urban digital or just a flight suit.

phew... I almost thought we had a case of blasphemy on our hands... Thanks for clearing that up... I was about ready to get out the stakes and torches...  ;)

Damn, well atleast we can burn a few M4's.

Tigerstripe isnt all that bad, I used it alot for paintball, especially around dusk. This was before I discovered the joys of Flecktarn.

I guess we can burn some Armalites since I already got out the torches ;)

I have an uber faded original tigerstripe boonie (as in when it was originally issued) back home somewhere that I used to use for hunting.. Now I use a woodland boonie that fits a lot better...

I'm just not too keen on all the black in it, at the very least it's not woodland ;)

Technically I use tiger stripe, but it's of Russian decent and not American. The Vietnam Tiger stripe.....sucks. WAY too dark. I always see it in the distance as a giant blob of black and dark green. It would work in dark jungles, where it's designed to work, but outside of that, it's not very impressive.

Link to the Digi Tiger!

http://www.hyperstealth.com/tigerpat/

Scroll down and have a look at how well it blends.

TIgerpat kinda defys the point of digital camo- randomness.

Archived