BAD NEWS: Used it today. Put about 3 magazines through it on ICS Green Gas. Earlier in the week i tested it with green and it was playing up abit (not blowing the hammer back/slide sticking). Used it again today and had similar problems. However regardless of the green gas, a small pice of plastic around the mag release has snapped off meaning the mag release falls out. Its a right *fruitcage* pain in the *albartroth*. Im hoping a piece of tape will do the trick. If anyone is interested in purchasing let me know (spares/project)...this maybe up for sale in an hour or so!

My team mate however has had a very different story. He recieved his KSC 226 and used it on green first thing today and its shot like a dream with great range etc. Maybe mine being one of the first out may have had flaws and lacked lube...i dont know.

Side by side to the TM they look nearly identical (another team mae just recieved his TM one). Sad to say but after mines performance today i think the tm beats it in terms of guts and reliability but loses slightly in the looks imho.

cheers.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAD NEWS: Used it today. Put about 3 magazines through it on ICS Green Gas. Earlier in the week i tested it with green and it was playing up abit (not blowing the hammer back/slide sticking). Used it again today and had similar problems. However regardless of the green gas, a small pice of plastic around the mag release has snapped off meaning the mag release falls out. Its a right *fruitcage* pain in the *albartroth*. Im hoping a piece of tape will do the trick. If anyone is interested in purchasing let me know (spares/project)...this maybe up for sale in an hour or so!

My team mate however has had a very different story. He recieved his KSC 226 and used it on green first thing today and its shot like a dream with great range etc. Maybe mine being one of the first out may have had flaws and lacked lube...i dont know.

Side by side to the TM they look nearly identical (another team mae just recieved his TM one). Sad to say but after mines performance today i think the tm beats it in terms of guts and reliability but loses slightly in the looks imho.

cheers.

mmm...thats good news <_<

I ordered one from WGC last week and it will be with me tomorrow.

Not what I wanted to hear.

Chris

I received my KSC Sig Sauer p226 yesterday from WGC.

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to fire the pistol properly but going purely on appearance at the minute, I am quite impressed.

The finish is excellent with no visible seem lines. It is not clearly shown in pictures but KSC have managed to get a metallic looking finish which is very nice. It certainly does not look like a lump of plastic.

The grips are also excellent. They have a very nice texture and are similar in appearance to the real steel grips.

I did feel that the hammer was slightly flimsy, so it will be interesting to see how that holds up.

I don't own the TM version so it would be wrong of me to compare them directly, however I have read many reviews and the vast majority accuse it of being "plasticky" with "ugly seem lines", these are accusations that I don't think you could throw at the KSC version. The TMs problems can obviously be overcome though with the many metal kits and the wide choice of after market parts available.

Unfortunately there is very little in the way of after market parts available for the KSC. All I can currently find is metal slide and a recoil spring. This is dissapointing as ultimately it may contribute to it's downfall.

Performance is where it really counts though and again it appears Marui are well ahead. We only have a few performance reports regarding the KSC version but I know Handsome Pete on this forum has experienced difficulties after using green for a while, where as the TM version is lauded for its reliability and performance.

I will put my new toy through its paces over the weekend and the months to come and I will keep you updated on the results.

All the best,

Chris

Edited by chris u'5

thanks for the info. I certainly agree with the appearance factor. Ive had it a few months now and unlike the tm (which becomes very sratched and shiny) this has kept its touch. Ye my hammer has a flimsy sound to it when 'dry firing' but performed ok otherwise. Ill keep you updated with my team mates one and how his lasts on green. If you are worried otherwise then use Predator gas...its a nice inbetween of 134 nd green. cheers.

note im also selling mine so if mags/gun is wanted for spares/project pm me (prefer gun to go first b4 i sell mags).

Edited by Handsome Pete
thanks for the info. I certainly agree with the appearance factor. Ive had it a few months now and unlike the tm (which becomes very sratched and shiny) this has kept its touch. Ye my hammer has a flimsy sound to it when 'dry firing' but performed ok otherwise. Ill keep you updated with my team mates one and how his lasts on green. If you are worried otherwise then use Predator gas...its a nice inbetween of 134 nd green. cheers.

note im also selling mine so if mags/gun is wanted for spares/project pm me (prefer gun to go first b4 i sell mags).

Pete,

Do you know roughly how many round you put through your pistol before your trouble?

Also did you purely use it with green?

Finally, did you lube and clean it regularly?

It will be interesting to see how your friend's performs. Make sure and keep us updated, hopefully the difficulties you encountered are uncommon.

It would be ashame if KSC have failed on the internals after making such a good job of the external appearance.

All the best,

Chris

When i first recieved it I used green (after it was dropped in the mud...see review). After a clean and dry wipe i used no lube and it seemed to perform better. I then got onto the Predator gas since i ran out of green. I used it most of the day on Predator and honestly it was probably the best its performed. On the weekend i put green into it again. The slide stuck on occasion (lack of lube?) and the blow back failed meaning the hammer went bk nd forward a few times but not the slide. Id then recock etc and about 4 shots into the mag of green it would fire nicely again. When it did fire it fired hard!...Maybe too hard? The snapping of the plastic by the mag release was on the frame and so surely nothing to do with the gas. It might have be a fault with the gun or my safariland (which was always a bastad to get in and hold comfortably in place).

I will definitly keep you all updated. I'm hoping mine was just a fault and that others have slightly better success. Up until this new green gas i had nothing but positive praise for this pistol. I hope you and other owners have a gd experience with it. cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Purchased a TM 226 just before the ban came in. Wasn't able to make a direct comparison since i shipped my dodgy 226 to the buyer the day before. I would say the TM is more solid, and feels stronger. Ive only shot a magazine or so but we all know the tm reliability. However the KSC wins in looks and feel. The KSC grip i much prefer and the magazine plate. cheers.

P.S: I have 2 KSC 226 mags here and have absolutly no use for them so PM me if interested.

• 2 months later...

*necropost*

How have we been holding up? There was a seller with a cheap FM TM P226 that was so tempting months ago. Now that I have a KWA M93R2 as a in-the-box queen there's not much else on pistols I'd go other than a single stack 1911a1 (the KJW one I had ate itself, and WA is too expensive, TM is not friendly towards green) or a P226. Gotta hold more SIGs...

At this point, is the original build quality of the TM versus the finish of the KSC consensus still holding up? Is dishing out 400+$ (about £230 or so) for a full metal TM upgrade worth it or should we be looking towards KSC?

*necropost*

How have we been holding up? There was a seller with a cheap FM TM P226 that was so tempting months ago. Now that I have a KWA M93R2 as a in-the-box queen there's not much else on pistols I'd go other than a single stack 1911a1 (the KJW one I had ate itself, and WA is too expensive, TM is not friendly towards green) or a P226. Gotta hold more SIGs...

At this point, is the original build quality of the TM versus the finish of the KSC consensus still holding up? Is dishing out 400+$ (about £230 or so) for a full metal TM upgrade worth it or should we be looking towards KSC?

Its been said before but it depends what you want the pistol for - skirmishing or collecting/plinking?

A stock or full metal TM would be be best for skirmishing and KSC for collecting/plinking. To be honest though that doesnt mean the KSC is going to implode in your hand the moment you take it onto the field!

I wouldnt have any problems taking the KSC skirmishing performance wise but its more the lack of spare parts and upgrades that would worry me.

Im still really happy with my KSC. I eventually got around to adjusting the hop-up correctly and its very accurate now, packs a good punch and it looks great.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am an owner of a TM P226 and I am looking for something different.

The TM P226 is superb in accuracy, more so when I installed a cheap metal frame onto it. However, the TM lacks many a things, power and gas efficiency. I have upgraded the hammer spring and recoil spring (up to 290-300fps 18*C) at the expense of recoil and gas efficiency (just over 1 magazine with FPS decreasing quite steadily). Without upgrades its 255fps at 18*C gas consumption is just under 2 mags.

I am wondering if the KSC P226 would yield better power and gas efficiency over the TM?

With metal slides and frames comes more consumption. Heavier weight to cycle, metal gets cold and so effects cool down etc. The KSC shoots very hard out of the box and the gas efficiency is comfortably capable of getting 2 mags per fill. However with the KSC u do lack the resilience of the TM and overall 'to hell and back' reliability. I have a stock TM 226 as replacement and though more reliable it does lack the punch and the uber nice grip and magz. cheers.

Yeah, thanks for that.

I might give it a go, I have decided to part with my TM P226, but I still want a P226 to fill the void.

I had been considering a RAM 226. Yes kick is hard, very loud, but totally inaccurate.

The KSC, if its accurate and consistent enough may be it.

Yeah, thanks for that.

I might give it a go, I have decided to part with my TM P226, but I still want a P226 to fill the void.

I had been considering a RAM 226. Yes kick is hard, very loud, but totally inaccurate.

The KSC, if its accurate and consistent enough may be it.

I have found the KSC to be very accurate.

Once I adjusted the hop up I was actually really suprised how accurate it was.

It definitely packs a punch but as I have not used it extensively I cant really comment on reliability but I have no reason to doubt that it wont last as long as any other decent GBB that is well looked after.

As I have said before, it is a real shame that KSC have not supported this pistol more in the way of spares.

If they did I am sure there would be a bigger uptake which would result in aftermarket manufacturers taking notice and then TM would have a bit of a fight on its hands!