• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
anyone know what parts on the ksc p226r is metal?

Metal parts include the trigger, sights, disassembly lever, working decocker, slide release catch, mag release catch and hammer.

--------------------------------

they have the metal slide out but anyone know if they are planning on doing the lower frame metal and release reenforce recoil spring?

I would have thought a recoil spring for a Tanaka or TM P226 would fit.

RE: metal frame being released. Hasnt there been something of a tendency for KSC/KWA/'Taiwan' to release only metal slides for their pistols, and not lower frames as well? Examples off the top of my head are the M93r, M9, M92 Elite and M945.

On the flip side, however, one of their latest releases, the 1911, has recently had a full metal edition made by KSC, see here, so there could be a lower frame produced by KSC, if not by an aftermarket manafacturer such as SD.

If would certainly tempt me to sell one/both of my TM's if a full metal, non railed KSC P226 was released at ~$200. Cheapest way to get the equivalent Marui is $350 from HK.

Edited by pokethepope
Makes you wonder why KSC didn't release a non-railed version to start with. Seems stupid to target a part of the market who've probably already bought the same model you're offering.

*dreams of KWA metal slide non-rail 226*

:zorro:

Ahh, KSC probably know what they're doing. Besides, japs love rails, while at the same time they don't really care about some dusty ol limey conservative's grumbling about some old-fashioned non-railed junk. ;) Just give it up man. :D

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys just wanted to add that i just got the ksc p226r with the metal slide from ehobby asia.

great gun overall. i have tried kjw, tm and now ksc and i have to say that the ksc p226r is on par with the marui if not better. great gas capacity. i felt that the recoil spring that came with the gun is good enough to provide a nice crisp blowback even with the metal slide (not sure if they upgraded it b/c of the metal slide).

everything about it feels great and solid so i highly recommend it if you're looking for a p226. ($166 shipped from ehobbyasia)

i just wish there would be more aftermarket parts available like a metal outer barrel and frame.

PS. the mag plate looks sexy compare to the marui. =)

Aye, I am seriously contemplating getting on of these.

Over the past few weeks I have changed my mind countless times (I have been researching everything I want to buy tirelessly, so I can never make up my mind :() and it has ended up being a split between one of these, a WE 1911 or a KSC Glock 17.

Oh dear, I still can't decide dammit.

Any information about further addons like threaded barrels? If yes then I will almost certainly get one :)

Edit: Also any word on compatibility with TM parts et al such as recoil springs/guides?

Edited by syron

Also, do you have any data for effective range, and accuracy at longer ranges?

Hows the quality of the metal slide al3x?

Anyone tried the tightbore?

(and doing a comp. with the TM would be fantastic :))

Edited by syron

Aren't KSC glocks supposed to be better than TM glocks for performance? If so (excuse me if I'm wrong), then shouldn't the KSC P226 be just as good if not better in terms of performance than a TM, or is the TM P226 just unbelievably awesome and nothing could come near it?

I wonder why I didn't stumble on this review earlier. Nice work!

The markings on real SIG Sauers are really shallow, so it's only good to see that they aren't deeply engraved in the airsoft versions. USPs and Glocks have deep markings, SIGs don't.

The KSC P226 shoots 330 fps on green gas and 0.2 gram BBs, but as usual I would expect the TM to be more accurate.

-Sale