UK Loadout guide.

Gadge

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

Well there's no specific PLCE pouch for the 50 round drum mags I'm aware of, and other than those they just carry the ammo in belts, so pretty much any LBE configuration would do I suppose. They might well be carrying normal 5.56 mags as well so presumably the bog standard double ammo pouches. Would also need somewhere to store lots of oil, cleaning materials and a few spare parts, but I couldn't tell you how that's done.

Quick question (watching an Ebay auction ;) )

Ospray with chestrig: yay or nay?

The MLCE pouches for the Ospray are quite expensive so i was wondering if anybody's seen pictures of this in use?

I think its pretty common for them to use Osprey+Chestrig/PLCE* instead of the Osprey pouches because you have to keep your Osprey & Helmet with you at all times regardless of where you are in country in case of motars (which happen once or twice daily on most bases). So its easier to carry your Osprey with you and then just pull a vest over the top when you need to, especially if you are in a hurry in one of the forward bases, rather then remove and attach half-a-dozen-plus pouches.

*DarkChild mentioned earlier in this thread that the only people who carry PLCE now are Gimpy/Minimi gunners who need the big pouches for their ammo chains, and newbs who don't know about vests/MLCE etc. So if you're going for a Gimpy/Minimi loadout then grab a belt and add as many pouches that will hold the ammo boxes as you can carry.

Archived