Star L85 A2 Rifle

TomTom_UK

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, well I suggest Wolfy, if you can provide me (or the other mods) with an address and the affected parties (if they havnt already got one) . It might just be worth comparing the addresses you have incase he has given a false/different address.

Im also going to get in touch with a Global Mod in order to see what restrictions should be placed on TomTom's profile.

Okay, now you're just being silly. Give him a little more time, it's only been five days, he was last online on Friday. Something may have come up and he cannot go on the internet. Come March 2nd if he has not gotten back to you, THEN will be the time to start doing things.

Seriously man, you have to give people the benefit of the doubt if they have not been online since the day the item was sold for a week.

Actually, it is easy for me to say, because I once waited three months to get a gun worth 300USD. Came through in the end because he was never online due to the fact that he had absolutely no time between work and fixing his car to do anything on the computer other than check his email, and when he finally did return online, he profusely apologized and sent it out right away.

So give him a few more days is all I'm saying.

I would say an equal problem is the fact that he sold the gun to two people and accepted money from them and then tried to swap it with me. Whilst there is possibly an innocent explanation for all this, although I have no idea what it is, the fact that he has now disappeared despite being aware that there is a problem and with other supposed sales ongoing suggests he knows he has now been caught out and is deliberately avoiding this forum.

Unless your postal service works on Sundays, I don't see how it's even possible for you to get your gun two days ago. If the British postal service is anything like the United States Postal Service (and I've heard from many numerous regs that they're nowhere near as "efficient" as USPS), then it'd take at least a day to process a package, then two to three days to deliver to the city the recipient lives in, then another day to process it at the local office, and finally another day to deliver it to the house.

I really don't think that any of us will be of any further help if you people won't provide your conversations (with addresses removed, of course) with Tom regarding purchasing the gun.

What if something happened to him, such as he was in a car crash and eill be in the hospital for several days? I think sending out a gun would be the least of his worries. It's happened to me before (not directly to me, but the seller wound up in the hospital). Like Viper said, wait a few more days. A week is, for the most part, enough time for him to get back to you.

What if something happened to him, such as he was in a car crash and eill be in the hospital for several days?  I think sending out a gun would be the least of his worries.  It's happened to me before (not directly to me, but the seller wound up in the hospital).  Like Viper said, wait a few more days.  A week is, for the most part, enough time for him to get back to you.

A week is a good guideline had the guy only sold the gun to 1 person and everything else looked above board. Seeing as he sold it to 2 people and swapped it with another I think an extra 10 minutes is over generous.

From where I am sitting it would be a genuine error possibility had he swapped it with 1 and sold it to 1. But it is beyond the realms of believability to have sold it to 2 people and swapped it with another without there being a big old fishy smell stinking up the place.

Give him till Friday then get all your evidence together and take it to the police. I am sure they will be happy to pay him a visit and resolve any missunderstandings.

People forget that this guy has took alot of money off 2 people and suddenly vanished,when he was contacting me by email i asked him to phone me several times to which he never did.And please guys remember if this would"nt of come to light he might of done the same to other people has he"s got several more so called items for sale!!!!!!!!!!

Archived