Jing Gong G36C Review!

I bought me a JG G608 from the hip--I was in the mood for a new project/loaner/chinese clone and heard good whisperings about this one, found one for sale, and bought it.

I have limited experience with G36 AEG's outside of fondling a few at AEX--namely a CA G36K. I really like the ergonomic, 21st century feel of the gun--the typically H&K-ness of the packaging. I however, didn't like it enough to blow primary AEG money on it to get name-brand G36.

To give the reader some sort of background on my own clone experience, I have owned a CYMA CM028s for half a year now, done extensive work on a friends CM031, and have lots of first hand experience with the UTG Mp5, albeit never as an owner or 'mechanic.'

gallery_17063_1070_31479.jpg

Hello, I am your next AEG.

Let us get this out of the way: This "clone" is the best of the bunch, hands down, full stop, etc. I've dubbed mine the "WTF" gun because that is commonly the experience it has elicited--from my first handling of my new AEG ("oh man, WTF?") to my friends numerous "WTF's" of their own. When you hand them the gun, ready to rock and roll with battery, and tell them how much it costs, it will undoubtably elicit a "WHAT THE ****." My G608 cost me around 85 dollars (INCLUDING SHIPPING!) from Point Act wholesalers. Albeit, I did have to purchase 150 dollars worth of stuff from their shop to qualify for purchase (they are a wholesaler, afterall.). This AEG doesn't feel like 85 dollars worth of thing.

IT. IS. EXCELLENT.

It is weighty, it is solid, it is rigid, the texture feels awesome, the metal bits are finished well, the plastic is consistent and feels high quality, the stock locks completely solid.

gallery_17063_1070_51924.jpg

Think of all the blow you can buy with all the money you save.

gallery_17063_1070_31688.jpg

Flash hider is excellent. Solid and well-cut. Just like my abs. The gas block? That's metal too. Anything you expect to be metal pretty much is.

The wiring is a stout gauge, completely unlike the hair-thin wiring CYMA shoves into their guns. This, I believe, speaks to the air of quality that pervades the entire AEG. I haven't opened the gearbox yet, but I will soon to perhaps tune-down the spring (they are supposed to shoot around 360fps stock!!!), reshim it and throw some metal bushings in.

It fires viciously--each shot is accompanied with a hearty THWACK, characteristic of a higher-FPS gun. The motor seems quiet enough, with most of the noise coming from what I can assume is a poorly shimmed gearbox, but I won't make final judgement there yet.

With a decent 8.4v mini battery (I haven't tried the one that came with it yet) the ROF seems more then acceptable, but I hope to pick up a few rounds a second with a good shim job, and even more if I decide to throw in a CA spring.

gallery_17063_1070_120964.jpg

Excellent, consistent texture. Lack of trademarks can be offputing for some buyers

gallery_17063_1070_64284.jpg

With the stock folded, it is compact and agile. Small enough to take with you to your blow deal.

gallery_17063_1070_1177.jpg

Just in case you don't know these things, here is my G36 in comparison to my Colt Commando--very comparable in both size and mission

I've done a very informal accuracy test while sighting the AEG in, and was extremely impressed. I'll have a better understanding of this things stock (or, as it may be by then... stock-ish) skirmishing ability this weekend, but as far as I can tell, the thing shoots straight and consistently, with a well built hopup that holds its 'level' very well.

I couldn't honestly be happier with the quality and value of this el-cheapo gun. The CYMA CM028 series used to be my benchmark for 'excellent airsoft value,' but there is just no comparison between the two. You can look over the CYMA and find a half dozen element on the exterior alone that scream 'cost saving measure,' but, perhaps disturbingly, I cannot find one, save the lack of trademarks, on the JG G36C. It really is a mystery--how is this gun so cheap?

I'm looking forward to tearing apart the internals and promise to take many pictures of various components to further illustrate: this thing is quality.

Buy one. Buy two. If you have ever considered adding a G36 to your collection but just haven't been motivated to put down real cash, buy one of these. I really can't see how you would be disappointed.

Here is my highest endorsement: This is the first clone I have owned or even handled that I feel like I am deffinetely going to use in a skirmish as surogate for one of my Tokyo Maruis from time to time. My past history with clones has been to introduce new players to the sport, and they have been fantasticly suited for that mission. But this one--I'm going to use it. I like it that much, the refinement is that high, and the fun-factor that pegged.

Did I mention it rocks?

Steve

Edited by NegativeCambre
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google search 'point act.' I think there has been some discussion on if they are willing to ship to the UK or not--WGC I believe also carries these guns for the same price, and I really can't imagine you'd save on shipping from the US instead of from Hong Kong.

Zen, I'll be sure to give a detailed review of what I find when I crack it open. Some 3rd party evidence has suggested that the motors that come with JG's are of a much higher quality then CYMA's motors. I'm confident with a downrated spring and a shim job, this thing will purr like a kitten. Hope I'm right!

Steve

I have no idea about SL8 compatability, but given that it is a virtual 100% copy of the TM's and CA's G36C, I can't see why it wouldn't.

Crunchy Bunny, I have first hand experience with both the 031 and now this JG, and I'd have to say I find the JG to be the much better value.

Steve

I have no idea about SL8 compatability, but given that it is a virtual 100% copy of the TM's and CA's G36C, I can't see why it wouldn't.

Crunchy Bunny, I have first hand experience with both the 031 and now this JG, and I'd have to say I find the JG to be the much better value.

Steve

So, wait, what's it chonoing stock with an 8.4? Also, will the Private Parts magwell work with? And is the flashhider a clockwise or counter-clockwise screw?

Edited by vgdailynews01
So, wait, what's it chonoing stock with an 8.4? Also, will the Private Parts magwell work with? And is the flashhider a clockwise or counter-clockwise screw?

Chrono's 336fps with .25's. Flashhider is most certainly the standard 14mm anti-clockwise I would assume...

Steve

do you think this is compatible with any of the sl8 conversion kits?

YES.

Whatever fits on the TM, fits on this.

THEY ARE 100% COMPATIBLE. EVERYTHING IS THE SAME EXCEPT THE MAG IS A HICAP AND THE BODY HAS NO TRADES.

Edited by DarkLite

I've had a chance to open this gun up now--sorry no photographs. But the internals look about the same in quality to a CYMA gearbox--except that it reacts strangely to metal bushings. Extremely tight fit--not in diameter, but in the actual shimming--I'm pretty unhappy with the way I had to go ahead with it, some bushings aren't running *any* shims and its still a little "tight." I'm hoping that its the fault of the gearbox itself and not the gears--because gearboxes are relatively inexpensive, but gears are not.

With the bushings installed, the thing is still a little 'whinny' and even though I downgraded the spring to a stock classic army, the ROF didn't improve much.

I blame this on the tightness of the bushings/gears--probably a lot more friction. Hopefully the gearbox will 'break in' and I'll see performance improve, but I'm a little disapointed.

Also, the high-quality gauge wire does *not* continue through the gearbox, it drops back down to CYMA-sized wiring past the female connector that connects the main wiring harness.

Still, this doesn't change my initial verdict much, considering that many people are reporting decent logevity and good performance at bone-stock levels, but I was hoping to be able to push the gun up in terms of refinement, and in that respect, I have failed thus sofar.

Is it as good as the Classic Army and Tokyo Marui? Its closer then a discrepency of nearly 200 dollars should allow, but it still falls short in some crucial areas. A fantastic project gun, no questions asked, but not the ridiculously incredible option I may have initially thought it was.

Steve

now, question, do you have the version one or the version two.

I belive I have the version 2 with the m120 spring. My local crack dealer, errr, airsoft shoppe, hadn't chronoed the one he got till I told him to. Cash in hand I waited with baited breathe. Before I could even slam the 160 down on the counter he was dancing around with a reading of 380....

WTF?!?!?!?! It went home with me that night!

As for the bushings, I found that ELEMENT 6mm metal bushings seem to fit JG gearboxes the best. Worth a try.

Thanks for the protip DarkLite ;)

In your experience with JG's, do you attribute the close-fitting of the gearbox to the shell itself or the gears used? The CYMA's I've toyed with have gears marked the same (XYT) but I'm not sure that really means consistency in dimensions--

Steve

Thanks for the protip DarkLite  ;)

In your experience with JG's, do you attribute the close-fitting of the gearbox to the shell itself or the gears used?  The CYMA's I've toyed with have gears marked the same (XYT) but I'm not sure that really means consistency in dimensions--

Steve

It's a combination of the fact that XYT gears have varying axel widths, the fact that the different manufacturers have different bushing-hole widths in thier gearboxes, and the fact that different bushing manufacturers have different sizes too.

Still, I find that ELEMENT bushings have the best price and fitting.

Speaking of which, the newer guns have better gears - the JG AUG (the latest JG AEG) I upgraded the other day took the bushings as a drop-in fit whereas the older JG G36c I worked one was an utter ###### with the bushings - requiring filing of the bushings and the axles to get a fit.

My REALLY ancient CYMA Mp5j (FIRST GEN - one of the first guns in the first shipment to Hong Kong) has such wonky gear axles that the bushings stuck to the GEARS and not to the gearBOX.