Jing Gong G36C Review!

Good advice, Darklite.

The gun saw its first skirmish today--although not in my hands, where it is exactly where it will generally find itself.

One I was done fiddling with the hopup, the thing proved itself remarkably accurate with decent enough range on .25's and a CA spring (downgraded it just a tad to cope with shorter-range field.). Honestly, its miles and miles ahead of CYMA's best. I wouldn't hesitate to call its stock accuracy in the same ballpark as TM's p90 inner-barrel lengthed guns.

Very consistent, very reliable, very predictable.

Even though its still a tad noisy for my tastes, it really is remarkable what you can buy for the price of a half-decent GBB pistol. Honestly, if you compare it to what you could buy from a 'legitimate' airsoft manufacturer for 85 dollars--well, you can't buy any sort of skirmishable weapon. Springers, pretty much. A used G19 maybe--maybe a really great sale on a WE. And none of those are going to be nearly the skirmishable option this JG G36C is.

I used to say with the CYMA AK's that they are great guns if you aren't afraid to open up a gearbox and fiddle around, and even then, you are always going to be lacking in some regard--so it really isn't a legitimate option for first-time buyers, since it will require an element of technical experience eventually. The JG is totally different in that regard--I would deffinetely recommend it to a first time buyer. It's build solid, fantastic value, decent internals, 'clone-leading' accuracy, range enough to compete in most environments, and enough of it is built to a high enough standard that I would call its upgrade potential excellent.

Its also a great 'noob' gun because of the inherent advantages of G36 airsoft guns--meaning a good, easy to use hopup, solid, rugged construction that will allow for lots of knocks and drops, intuitive controls, easy to get to battery, and a compact size that allows you to just throw it in a backpack to lug it around.

Seriously, this is an incredible buy--it is deffinetely the 'next step' in clone technology in my mind--it really has made my CYMA 028's look absolutely shoddy in comparison, and I consider those perfectly reasonable AEG's.

Steve

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The JG G36c is definately one of the contenders for best ChiMan AEG of 2006.

So far - the best ChiMan AEG I have had was the DE/AGM XM8 - with the exception of the bumtardedly stupid fake sight unit.

The Gearbox, however, is beautiful - quiet, fast and smooth. Fires at 0.8J at 16rps on a decent 8.4v mini and had the best shimming I've ever seen outside of a TM.

I know this will sound n00bish but does it come with rails to mount on the sides??

Oh and great review you :D  have convinced me its more than perfect for my brothers first gun

It does not come with the side rails--those still need to be purchased separately, but if I remember, they aren't terrifically expensive.

Steve

Well my JG G36c is shipping to my house...(hopefully arriving Monday *crosses fingers*)

Mine is going to be a V2 so when it arrives I can pop her open and check the bushings/shims so see how it all fits...

maybe I'll even do a second opinion review... :P

Thanks for the inspiration! :D

--Darth:Vader :starwars:

Edited by drthvader567

Just to add to this, I got a box of Star G36 mid cap magazines for my JG G36C, and they're a very tight fit in the mag well. No idea if they feed ok, as I haven't tried them yet. Will have a go tonight and update then.

Other than that, I'm well impressed with this thing.

...requiring filing of the bushings and the axles to get a fit...

I hope you're joking about filing the axles :huh:

They are precision-ground, polished and hardened items. File the surface of the axle(s), removing the hardened and polished bearing surface and you'll scrap the bushings before you've fired 200-300 rounds, if you're lucky.

Same goes for the bushes, though I'm not sure what you've filed on them, outer diameter to get them into their holes, or the flange to give the gears more clearance?

I hope you're joking about filing the axles :huh:

They are precision-ground, polished and hardened items. File the surface of the axle(s), removing the hardened and polished bearing surface and you'll scrap the bushings before you've fired 200-300 rounds, if you're lucky.

Same goes for the bushes, though I'm not sure what you've filed on them, outer diameter to get them into their holes, or the flange to give the gears more clearance?

The Axles were not straight - they BULGED at the ends. Hence the filing.

Oh, and I have had no problems so far.

When I said I had to file the bushings, I meant that I had to file the holes in the gearbox - they turned out to be too small.

Ironic...I have already purchased a box of STAR low caps...hope they fit...

--D:V :starwars:

Th midcaps fitted after I sanded both them and the mag well down a bit (the JG high cap is a bit looser than it used to be, and the Star mags are still a touch tighter than they probably should be).

On the plus side, they feed fine.

Hvy: no, i think the packaging is the same.. The only way I knew my is probably is on the secondary batch is when my supplier told me that JG have stop producing the G36c for a wee moment to fix something....

TBH, i think the only way to tell is to fire the damn thing yourself, since I am quite sure that the ROF and Power of the gun is higher, hence the sound too, other then that, I dunno....

Where is Darklite when you need him the most? :P

Woozie

I got my JG guns through the post today, great guns, well worth the money and you can't really tell the difference to the TM counterparts. The JG G36c has got to be my favorite, it's the version two and shoots beautifully.

Grab the JG, save some money and still get a damn decent gun!

Google search 'point act.'  I think there has been some discussion on if they are willing to ship to the UK or not--WGC I believe also carries these guns for the same price, and I really can't imagine you'd save on shipping from the US instead of from Hong Kong.

Zen, I'll be sure to give a detailed review of what I find when I crack it open.  Some 3rd party evidence has suggested that the motors that come with JG's are of a much higher quality then CYMA's motors.  I'm confident with a downrated spring and a shim job, this thing will purr like a kitten.  Hope I'm right!

Steve

Im not sure if you said it already, but is point act USA based?

How well would users compare the strength of the folding stock part with a TM G36c?

It looks a little shiny in the pictures - is that just the flash or is it noticably cheaper quality plastic?

Well, i can hold the gun by the stock with there being no flex at all, it's plenty strong.

It has a mat, textured finish too it. It doesn't look shiny in person.