Oakley SI Ballistic M-Frames

Angry

I've been looking for a new pair of glasses to wear and I came across these:

http://www.polimil.co.uk/acatalog/Oakley__...2_0__52_50.html

Seeing as they're Oakleys I'm 99% sure that they'll be fine for airsoft, but since I don't often read about people wearing them I thought I'd ask for opinions :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked for an Oakley dealer for 6 years and must say they are top notch. Some military guys had a scratched lense that they decided to shoot with birdshot and the lense did not break(however it dimpled everywhere and was useless)!

An airline pilot was so fed up with buying expensive sunglasses that gave him headaches that he did a huge study on his own dime. The study did multiple tests including UV filtering, optical clarity, etc. and the Oakleys beat all other brands in almost every catagory. The test had hundreds of different brands and models and was quite impressive, it sold me for sure!

I prefer the look of the original M Frames so I currently own those. They're awesome and won't break on you. if you don't properly set the lens inside the frame, however, it might pop off mid-game so be careful for that (the 2.0 M frames fixed this issue I believe).

IMO they're the best form of eye protection for airsoft in the market, taking into consideration durability, practicality, no fog-icity, low profile-icity, and badass-ity.

ESS Eyeshield.  Good enough for Iraq, good enough for you.

Fixed.

I'm sure there's some M-frames in there somewhere, but the ESS's are the fashionable dope for America's Infantry right now.

Personally (for style) I like the Oakley "Half Jacket" and "Crosshair".

I'm a US Border Patrol Agent and pretty much our whole field unit wears Oakleys (sure we get em half price, but who's counting!) Being in the desert all day every day, they are fantastic. My half-jackets have a scratch but it was my fault...Polarized are fantastic. I cant support Oakley enough. Definitely pick em up.

I worked for an Oakley dealer for 6 years and must say they are top notch.  Some military guys had a scratched lense that they decided to shoot with birdshot and the lense did not break(however it dimpled everywhere and was useless)! 

An airline pilot was so fed up with buying expensive sunglasses that gave him headaches that he did a huge study on his own dime.  The study did multiple tests including UV filtering, optical clarity, etc. and the Oakleys beat all other brands in almost every catagory.  The test had hundreds of different brands and models and was quite impressive, it sold me for sure!

Can you please explain why then that my Pair of real Oakleys broke 3 times, Once at the hinge, once on the arm, once on the nose piece. So what do i do, i get the exact pair of Oakleys, Replica Oakley that is. for $5. Yes thats Five Dollars and they still perfect after 6 years. I paid $105 for the real Oakleys which broke in 2 months. Mind you that the real ones were worn in a normal enviorment and the replicas were worn in sporting events and even Airsoft.

Explain that.

Long live knock offs because the original are way, way , way over priced!!!!

I REST MY CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0379.jpg

Um, that's why God made warranty service. :blink:

There's always going to be a lemon in every product...

"Long live knockoffs!"

Tell you what. Get a nail gun. Shoot it from 1 foot away from your $5 Foakleys. Then shoot it against some real Oakleys at the same distance.

Yeah, they may be overpriced. However, those over-priced glasses save lives. Something I doubt you would understand if you're not in harm's way.

Back on topic: I own a pair of Oakley Juliets and those are the heat. Awesome lenses. Tried on M Frames, but just couldn't justify the cost vs how many times I play.

Those M Frame Red+ lenses look nice...may cut one to fit a Juliet. :D

Explain that.

Hey, who else can make up an unconfirmed story about a product and then post it on an Internet forum as a "objective" product testimonial? Where's the proof?

He's just trying to pump up fake Oakleys that he just happens to have extras of for sale.

Hey, who else can make up an unconfirmed story about a product and then post it on an Internet forum as a "objective" product testimonial?  Where's the proof?

He's just trying to pump up fake Oakleys that he just happens to have extras of for sale.

Proof. im living proof. Why would i make that up. Originals are just way overpriced. Do you see that im trying to sell mine, LOL , no . I will take my 10 oakleys to your 1 any day. Since thats what they are equivelent too. Nuff said! :P

Nike sneakers to make cost $5 but you pay $100. Why, i let you figure that one out!

Since thats what they are equivelent too. Nuff said! :P

Nike sneakers to make cost $5  but you pay $100. Why, i let you figure that one out!

If they're equivalent, then why does the US Military purchase M-frames by the thousands? We all know the Military tends to go with the lowest bidder. :rolleyes:

Have you ever considered the R&D factor? Products don't pop out of a machine in one day and go on shelves the next. Thousands were spent on developing the M Frames and Oakley's XYZ optics are what set them apart from your ChiCom clones. Sure, those Nikes probably do cost $5 to make. But guess what? Do you know how much design, production, and marketing cost?

They're not equivalent. Not even close.

EDIT-

Yep, you're living proof. Why not give my nail gun idea a try? Try it with the glasses on your face and report back to us.

Nike sneakers to make cost $5  but you pay $100. Why, i let you figure that one out!

Yeah, my Nvidia 7900GTX graphics card cost about a dollar to make, but I paid $600 for it. There's no way that months and months of incredibly expensive R&D at Silicon Valley had any effect whatsoever on the price. That and the driver support. And customer service. And marketing. And the people who work at Nvidia don't make any salary either.

And I doubt that those knock offs offer the same quality optics (lenses) as the Oakleys, let alone the ballistic protection.

Actually he did try to sell them on another site. Go figure that when challenged to shoot them point-blank with a 550fps/.2g rifle, he didn't speak up again.

Nike sneakers to make cost $5 but you pay $100. Why, i let you figure that one out!

That junior college economics class is sure paying off for you.

Must have done real well in order to come up with the Captain Obvious examples.

Actually he did try to sell them on another site.  Go figure that when challenged to shoot them point-blank with a 550fps/.2g rifle, he didn't speak up again.

That junior college economics class is sure paying off for you. 

Must have done real well in order to come up with the Captain Obvious examples.

Oh really now. LOL. I said i will put these up to any real oakleys as long someone put theirs up too. Noone answered. You got it backwards dum dum. By the way im not selling this pair i sold the other pair for double of what i wanted. GO figure. This guy is brilliant. Nevermind junior college im guessing you stopped at 11th grade?

Come back with another please, feel free to make up anything you want.

Who plays with 550 anyways. Most are 400 fps limit anyways. I think you just got a F for fibbing!

Yeah, my Nvidia 7900GTX graphics card cost about a dollar to make, but I paid $600 for it. There's no way that months and months of incredibly expensive R&D at Silicon Valley had any effect whatsoever on the price. That and the driver support. And customer service. And marketing. And the people who work at Nvidia don't make any salary either.

And I doubt that those knock offs offer the same quality optics (lenses) as the Oakleys, let alone the ballistic protection.

Exactly! You better hope the lenses are better i know the rest of the real oakleys suck.

Also does anyone see where it states Replicas out perform any other safty glasses? NO, if i were to sell them it would be for blocking the sun or looks, but i would still put them up to any other glasses for protection to any normal pair of glasses. These are polocarbonate and so are normal saftey glass.

I love how someone tries to put down their product cuz its so much cheaper and does almost the same thing if not better in other cases. Ive seen videos of Oakley lenses in action vs projectiles. Amazing. So is the commercial of ORANGE GLOW, can clean up oil and grind in a instant, LOL.

When are people gonna learn. That the product your paying for, half the money cost for marketing and advertising.

Mind you that the real ones were worn in a normal enviorment and the replicas were worn in sporting events and even Airsoft.

Explain that.

All that explains is that you're an idiot. You're taking a hell of a risk with your eyes there. If there's one thing you shouldn't scrimp on with airsoft its eye protection; everything else can be fixed.

Oh really now. LOL. I said i will put these up to any real oakleys as long someone put theirs up too. Noone answered. You got it backwards dum dum. By the way im not selling this pair i sold the other pair for double of what i wanted. GO figure.    This guy is brilliant. Nevermind junior college im guessing you stopped at 11th grade?

Come back with another please, feel free to make up anything you want.

Who plays with 550 anyways. Most are 400 fps limit anyways. I think you just got a F for fibbing!

Thanks for showing your inexperience. Most fields in the US allow 500-550fps/.2g sniper rifles. Smart guy.

Put up or shut up. You disappeared when that was mentioned before.

Take your video, and one will be taken to counter it.

You got nothing, so you couldn't even respond logically.

Thanks for showing your inexperience.  Most fields in the US allow 500-550fps/.2g sniper rifles.  Smart guy.

Put up or shut up.  You disappeared when that was mentioned before.

Take your video, and one will be taken to counter it.

You got nothing, so you couldn't even respond logically.

Im here and not going anywhere. LOL, I have to ask, are you ok?

Most fields are 400fps and snipers 500fps and you cant aim for head.

Seriously, are you just a idiot? Like i said, put up your real ones and i will put up whatever you want. Im waiting!!!!!! Plus get your facts straight next time, your makening yourself look foolish!

Like i said if you want to wear replicas during airsoft fine. First off im not selling mine, because i seen and know what these do compared to real oakleys and stated the replicas out lasted the real ones. My experience!

I did sell them before since i bought a few at once. I sold them as sunglasses not to protect your eyes. But these are good enough for me to wear them after what i seen.

I have to ask this. Are you a former Oakley distributer that lost his bussiness or something? LOL , cuz it does sound like it!

Exactly!  You better hope the lenses are better i know the rest of the real oakleys suck.

Um, have you tried all of them? I have friends who depend on them to save their lives every single day in a place where you'll probably never go. Leupold's Rifleman line of scopes aren't great. You can't pass judgement over their entire line because you weren't satisfied with one of their products.

Also does anyone see where it states Replicas out perform any other safty glasses? 

Buddy, hate to break it to ya, but most of these replicas don't carry ANSI safety ratings...safety glasses do. I would highly doubt the durability of a product made in an unknown place with unknown workers with little/no pay.

I love how someone tries to put down their product cuz its so much cheaper and does almost the same thing if not better in other cases. Ive seen videos of Oakley lenses in action vs projectiles. Amazing. So is the commercial of ORANGE GLOW, can clean up oil and grind in a instant, LOL.

When are people gonna learn. That the product your paying for, half the money cost for marketing and advertising.

Also.....how are you measuring the performance? Surely you haven't been in enough firefights (actual ones where you can die) with both to be able to assess "performance" in any kind of meaningful way. In the meantime I will be using the fact that many of the guys that I know of recommend Oakleys in a kill or be killed world and it is their opinions combined with my personal experience that has resulted in my nod towards Oakleys.

Eye surgery can be a bit expensive.

Most fields are 400fps and snipers 500fps and you cant aim for head.

:blink:

Um yeah, we already said that. 500-550fps/.2g sniper rifles are what is commonly found across the USA. Good job catching up.

400fps/.2g is the energy level for assault rifles commonly across the country.

Examples:

3. VELOCITY LIMITS: All AEG’s must chronograph below 400 fps for woods play. All CQB guns must chronograph below 330 fps. All single-shot/semi-auto sniper rifles must chronograph below 550fps for woods play. All FPS limits are with .20g BB's.

http://www.georgiaairsoft.com/fieldrules.html

WEAPON VELOCITY

All participants intending to use their own equipment must report to the chronograph & target range after signing in.

Field velocity limit is 400 FPS with .25 gram BBs

That equates to higher than 400fps/.2g. You understand energy, right?

http://www.eaghq.com/AIRSOFTRULES.htm

WNYAL FPS Limits :

Base – 350 fps w/.25

Sniper – 500 fps w/.25

Oh wow, another 500+fps/.2g limit!

http://www.wnyal.net/index.php?page=44

What, again? That's right: http://www.sacairsoft.com/content/view/13/43/

Standard FPS Limits:

Chronographs are used before games to test all replicas present. Any replicas that test too high will not be allowed in play. No exceptions will be made, please research upgrades and how they effect your replica before purchasing or installing them. All of the following velocity limits are with .2g BBs.

Fully/Semi Automatics - 400 fps (1.5j)

CQB/Indoor - All under 330 fps (1j)

Sniper Rifles (Bolt Action ONLY) - 550 FPS (2.8j)

*Limits Measured with .20g B

http://www.airsoftpacific.com/content.php?page=2

Velocity Limits

* 400 fps limit with .2 gram Marui BB for all full-auto airsofts.

* 500 fps limit with .2 gram Marui BB for all semi-auto sniper airsofts.

* 350 fps limit with .2 gram Marui BB for all indoor CQB style games.

http://www.floridaairsoft.com/features/rules.php

Do your homework next time. Reading comprehension is a good thing. Stating what someone already said earlier does nothing to help your "argument".

Seriously, are you just a idiot? Like i said, put up your real ones and i will put up whatever you want. Im waiting!!!!!! Plus get your facts straight next time, your makening yourself look foolish!

Oooh, name-calling. Cute. Can't put up so you have to resort to name-calling. Sad. You want PROOF?

Here you go: https://usstandardissue.com/tech_impact.aspx

Along with an ANSI Z87.1 rating. That is easy proof to present, right there on the 'net for you. Now present yours. If you are so confident in yours, why do you keep trying to challenge one of us to put Oakleys up to it? It was requested of you, but you keep dodging it by turning around the request. Again, prove it; Oakley has their info right there. Enough said.

Those are facts. Something you still haven't provided about your product that you have tried to sell on another site. If you don't condone them or think they should be eye protection in airsoft, why are you bothering to post in this thread? Just to bash Oakley?

First off im not selling mine

You sure tried to sell extras at another site.

I sold them as sunglasses not to protect your eyes.

Exactly and that's cool. But that doesn't mean they should be touted on airsoft sites as eye protection substitutes, which you have exactly done by saying they perform as well as Oakleys. Why did you post on the other site and this site to bash Oakleys and tout your knockoffs? Out of the goodness of your heart to save people money? Or to sell the extras you had?

Are Oakleys expensive? Hell yeah, but out of all the different optics I've tried, they did have the best clarity, and they have passed regulatory agency testing to prove they can take the abuse. Your one unconfirmed and untested example is nothing compared to the vast amount of other experiences and objective data out there.

I have to ask this. Are you a former Oakley distributer that lost his bussiness or something? LOL , cuz it does sound like it!

Yawn. No, but I can deal with objective data, not depending on "Yo, deez are the coolest, they don't break, dey r better than Oakleys bcuz I said so!"

Prove it or shut up. Oakleys have an industry standard rating from a 3rd party regulatory source. Yours don't. Great for fashion, but not very reassuring to be pimping on an airsoft site as eye protection.

Archived