SRC RPK short review

Actually he didn't use excessive profanity, I would have, given the nature of the conversation, but to his credit, he didn't.

As for "victory" yeah well you were right, so what?

There's no point gloating over the internet, as it's almost anonymous, so no-one cares.

Firstly, thank you. Looking back, I'm surprised I held back on the French as well. Secondly, you probably haven't read too many of my posts in any of the arguements I've been in (which is quite a few. Anteater, stfu about this for once). When I get into a debate, Cassandra Lynn naked on my bed would not be enough to steer me away from achieving victory. I in no way whatsoever intend to start one from this, just wanted to point that out. Don't get me wrong though-I do love to argue on the interwebz.

I came off too harsh at first, just wanted to point out that there are other choices out there, esp. since ting at Russianmania work shop is having a sale so you can get a Ino Full RPK kit with the motor+GB for $480

Thats because its on sale, once the sale is gone, it'll go back up again. You made a bad job of pointing out that there were other choices.

You acted like an absolutist and disregarded the SRC RPK to you Guarder one, because of some few things (Not Major). Of course the SRC will not be as great, because its an AFFORDABLE RPK.

Not everyone has as money like you, besides this is not your review, if you want to make such a big deal about it, make your own review.

Comparison is fine, healthy even, but what you were doing was not comparison, it was "my gun is better than your gun, OMG I can't believe you didn't buy the same gun as me, you bought a different one and it's rubbish, hahahah I win"

Comparison draws attention to the similarities and differences between two similar items (or anything really) to find which is "better", but it also takes into account the differing purposes/markets it's aimed at, therefore a Guarder kit requiring a TM AK as well and costing $900 (don't nitpick about price, it's roughly correct) is aimed at a different market than a $400 SRC w/upgrades (again with the nitpicking)

I trust myself to build a far better gun out of parts I choose than Guarder will with their own parts, so I'd much prefer an SRC.

Either way, there isn't really a fair comparison between the two, given the difference in "purpose", so you can either say nothing, or get elitist, and you, Lineman, got elitist, it's forgiveable without any trouble, so don't dig any further, we're glad you like your Guarder, and we hope you got your moneys worth (and if you think you did, then you did).

Fair enough, I'm an engineer by trade, so I guess I just see it as there's nothing I can't fix anyway, so I'll just start with whatever and make it work myself.

Incidentally, I've just got an AKMSU from SRC, it's not too bad, although the plastic handguards are loose, but it shoots well (with 1J) and the rest of it looks good, it's very much an upgraders gun though, you start with a cheap metal body and some decent parts, change the ###### parts, and you've got a bloody awesome gun for a fairly low price, that's the appeal for me, it lets me pick and choose any part I like, and I don't spend too much on parts I don't like (cuz with an RPK kit I'd need a TM AK, and I'd instantly throw away the inner barrel, hop unit, hop rubber, spring and bushings, which are worth nearly half the price of the SRC) however, if you're going for total cosmetic realism, I can understand paying for the Guarder kit, but I'd argue that the final result shoots just as well for less money, and unless you really want the cosmetics (which is fair enough) why spend the extra?

guess we all have different reasons for owning airsoft guns, because in truth, my regular TM AK47 shot just as far as the RPK, but I simply wanted something different, something unique than the bog standard AK, so I decided to get the best one possible, I acknowledge that the SRC RPK is one option that you could go with, but really just wanted people reading this thread to know that there are other options.

I added $100 because the guarder kit doesn't come with a metal reciever. The only one that does is the all steel kit, which hasn't been made in a long time and costs nearly $1000 new. Ikonatsu kits are even higher.

this is so retarded... :P

guarder one came with steel receiver since 2004 revision, and as said above, inokatsu is 480 complete

Edited by Ubar

Thanks for posting a review of this interesting bit of kit. The RPK (while having been replaced by it's 5,45 version, which is being withdrawn where possible itself) it a nice change of pace for people interested in a support weapon but wanting something other than a SAW or MG-36.

I think this review is definitely helpful for future comm-bloc or opfor gunners because it illustrates the work necessary to produce a usable gun in the skirmish (considering that the Chinese internals were undoubtedly not engineered to take the stress of extended firing with a 9.6v battery and a new spring). I hope to see one of these at the field sometime soon to add a little variation. As a follow up, is your friend ever going to try to put a wood kit on the gun? I would be interested to see the body's compatibility with the kit that gunner was selling a while back.

Also, any idea where they got the idea fro the conical flash hider? It seems a rather unusual addition...

Finally, in regards to the guy who posted about his Guarder RPK, why was that necessary? You cluttered up a topic designed to inform interested buyers about the plusses and minuses of a nicely priced support weapon. All you did was compare you very expensive dress up kit with an AEG placed in an entirely different category, and then proceeded to argue with the reviewer over the usefullness of your statement for 2 pages. If an admin sees this later, I think most of the middle of the topic should be cleaned up because it doesn't inform anyone of anything.

• 1 month later...

I've been wondering about the difference between the gun reviewed in this thread and the TSD "Gen II" thingy at Airsoft GI:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=2335

Can anyone shed some light on the differences between these 2 guns? I'm primarily concerned about range and the quality of the autowinder. Imaginary +1s to anyone who can help. :D