We 1911 'Compact' Officers Model

It appears that WE decided that the easiest way to avoid any sticky potential copyright issues (which is pretty suprising) was to design their own frame around a TM slide- which means that TM mags are not interchangeable or usable in WE guns, and it also means that WE metal frames are not interchangeable with TM's.

Kinda skeptical about the above hypothesis, because WE seemed to have copied TM2011s without any such measure. Current trend of China clones also leads me to think that TM either can't or doesn't try to protect its intellectual property against unauthorized duplication.

God I need some rosewood grips for me WE... They're so pretty they make my eyes hurt.

The way I see it, TM and WE both took the TM hicapa, and made it into a 1911, with slightly different results. One of the most visible differences is the opposite side of the slide catch. The WE is indented, like on the hicapa, whereas the TM is not, like on most real 1911s. There are other differences, which do mean you can't swap magazines over.

The way I see it, TM and WE both took the TM hicapa, and made it into a 1911, with slightly different results. One of the most visible differences is the opposite side of the slide catch. The WE is indented, like on the hicapa, whereas the TM is not, like on most real 1911s. There are other differences, which do mean you can't swap magazines over.

...Which is pretty much why I took the time to create a review and say that ;)

Except for the part where it's because both guns a descendants of the HiCapa- That is purely joeking27 intellectual property, lol

but all the rest of that, yeah :P

• 2 months later...
...Which is pretty much why I took the time to create a review and say that  ;)

Except for the part where it's because both guns a descendants of the HiCapa- That is purely joeking27 intellectual property, lol

but all the rest of that, yeah  :P

I definitely like the size and looks of this gas blow back. How compatible is it with Green Gas? Also, who makes a 6.01mm tight-bore barrel for this and what are some upgrades that would make this more gas efficient, thus lessening the "cool down" effect? I'm looking for a nice compact gbb pistol that's good on green gas and gets the most range and accuracy as possible.

Rule of thumb, if it's got a metal slide that blows back, green is preferred.

You're not going to increase gas efficiency with a tightbore, because most of the actual inefficiency in a WE is in the blowback engine. Best thing to do is to replace the stock loading nozzle with the aftermarket one by Guarder and either shim the stock piston head or replace it with the Nine Ball metal one.

Edited by The Saint
Oh, bugger another one on the list. Supposed to be slimming the collection down a bit aswell!

If that's the truth, I'm sure I'll take some of your 1911's off your hands :P

- I'd probably buy a WE, but it'd sure be swell if there were some colt trades on there.

Edited by hardboiledcop