Five seveN

Kristoffer

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think every Five-SeveN fanboy on Arnies just felt the uncomfortably warm and soft feeling of a teabagging.

I was at least hoping for a 6mm... I mean, it's only .3mm away from the caliber of the real steel, so why not make it a relatively close replica in that sense?

And I wish it was the original Five-SeveN tactical, with the old rail and the awesome, curvy trigger guard. Time for Marui to get on this one.

Aw, c'mon you moaning minnies....

Someone goes out of their way to make something REALLY different and all you can do is moan it's not a 6mm... Pah!

Kudos, ONCE AGAIN, to Marushin for making something REALLY new (and remember they released a 6mm SIG P210 not so long ago - AFTER the 8mm one...).

Cheers.

Yay, this means a 6mm can't be far off. BattleStar Galactica loadout, here I come!

I'd still love to see an FNP and FortyNine replica as well. Maybe this will start the interest in modern FN pistols amongst manufacturers. Could get me to start an FN collection to go along with all my HK goodness. We're finally getting the SCAR, FN2000, Five seveN - good times.

Well, it's not exactly like what I was thinking, but hey, it's a 5-7. Like others have said, maybe this will push other companies to make one (I bet on KSC/KWA, they're almost always the second make of a rare gun :) ). I'll still hold off, because 8mm ammo is more expensive, so the gun would see little use. But still, an exciting day for the airsoft world :D

Now all we need is a KWA or TM P99!! The Maruzen is too expensive and hard to find (the price still isn't bad, but it isn't great either).

BWHAA HAA HAAA HAA HAA HAA! :rofl: After all the bitching, you get an 8mm version that even 5-7 fans think is ugly. :rofl: It's almost as if they asked me how to make a 5-7 that will actually annoy the fanbois MORE than not having a 5-7.

:zorro:

Hallelujah, Brother Sledge!

For the last 2 years on the folks on Arnies have moaned that there isn't a 5-7. Every time another gun came out, the chorus shouted, "But it's not a 5-7!"

Hey look, an AK74 is finally being released!

"But it's not a 5-7!"

A Marui 1911!

"But it's not a 5-7!"

ad infinitum

People wanted the gun and now they're getting one. So it's 8mm. I happen to like 8mm pistols. He11, I plan on getting one just for the Resident Evil factor.

Just to clarify something said earlier, the REAL Five-Seven is not entirely made of polymer. The frame is polymer but the slide is made of metal covered in polymer (check FN’s website). I believe (but I might be wrong) that this is to increase corrosion resistance of the slide and made the gun a bit lighter. As a side note, if KSC came out with a 6mm version of this baby, do you think anyone might come out with after market slides like the real ones? Just a thought...

Oh, and I don't see why everyone is complaining about this particular five-seven ugliness; THEY ARE ALL UGLY. But they were in Splinter Cell so I must have one. And I like the concept. :D

The only metal part on the real Five-SeveN is the barrel....even the slide is polymer.

Actually the slide is metal. It is just covered in polymer casing. The following exerpt is taken from Jan. 2000 issue of American HandGunner.

"The construction of the Five-seveN pistol is pretty nifty. The slide is made of a stamping of chrome moly steel, with a machined steel breechblock segment, and covered with a polymer shroud. At first it looks as if the slide is polymer, but that is simply a protective cover."

Oh yes. Airsoft Five-seveN! 8mm... fine I have a Mossberg so I am stuck with buying 8mms anyways. Marushin? Fine by me.

If the whole point of the 5-7 was to use a 5.7mmx28 cartridge, why on earth would you chamber it for 8mm BBs???

Stoopid Marushin...I'm thinking the front end will look all wrong too :huh:

I think I'll wait for a HK P7 that TM should be making...if they had any sense ;)

Or maybe WA will grow a pair and start making S&W autos, a few new HKs or SIGs and abandon old slab-side 1911.

They can't take that thing much further anyway without losing their customers forever :angry: lousy boring Colts. Even a Para LDA would be a nice change :rolleyes:

My wishlist:

HK P7M8

SIG Sauer P228/9 (come on, KSC...)

Smith & Wesson 1076 or 4006 (anyone say Western Arms???)

FN Browning High Power (a decent one damn it!)

Maybe we should petition the manufacturers!!!

Might get that 6mm SIG P210 for the moment...cos I freakin love the real one :)

Why does the cartridge size matter in relation to the bb size? Airsoft guns typically don't use cartridges, so it doesn't affect anything.

I, for one, welcome our new 8mm overlords, apparently there's a sporting goods store in my area that sells high quality 8mm bb's dirt cheap.

HK P7M8

SIG Sauer P228/9 (come on, KSC...)

Smith & Wesson 1076 or 4006 (anyone say Western Arms???)

FN Browning High Power (a decent one damn it!)

Maybe we should petition the manufacturers!!!

Might get that 6mm SIG P210 for the moment...cos I freakin love the real one  :)

Except for your vitriolic colt-hate ;) I agree with your list whole heartidly. I'd absolutely love a decent P7--M8 or M13 would be fine by me. A hi-power would absolutely rule as well.

But since none of those were featured in COUNTER STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think there is any hope for them in the near future.

Steve

Why does the cartridge size matter in relation to the bb size? Airsoft guns typically don't use cartridges, so it doesn't affect anything.

I, for one, welcome our new 8mm overlords, apparently there's a sporting goods store in my area that sells high quality 8mm bb's dirt cheap.

Well, it means the barrel on this will actually be bigger than on the real thing, so from an aesthetic point of view: FAIL.

Well, it means the barrel on this will actually be bigger than on the real thing, so from an aesthetic point of view: FAIL.

yes, this was finally a chance for an airsoft gun where the barrel is extremely close to the real steel.. instead it's oversized by 2mm.

If people are complaining about 8mm due to the cost, remember that it's just a sidearm, unless you plan on plinking them away you should always have a supply of bb's for your sidearm since you will be unable to use them in your primary.

Sorry, but 8mm is ridiculously expensive compared to 6mm. Plus, skirmish sites can be very unhappy about 8mm guns. To really get decent performance, you need to go 1J+. Now, you can argue til you're blue in the face that an 8mm needs higher velocity before it'll start doing the same damage, but that generally falls on deaf ears. So you've got a gun using expensive ammo you might not even be able to skirmish.

Sorry, but 8mm is ridiculously expensive compared to 6mm. Plus, skirmish sites can be very unhappy about 8mm guns. To really get decent performance, you need to go 1J+. Now, you can argue til you're blue in the face that an 8mm needs higher velocity before it'll start doing the same damage, but that generally falls on deaf ears. So you've got a gun using expensive ammo you might not even be able to skirmish.

I would've thought they couldn't have much of a problem with 8mm sidearms, especially since its likely to be around 200fps or lower.

8mm gas rifles I can certainly understand them having issues with, although they should really be able to simply work out what 1 joule is with 8mm bb's.

I kinda like them, but then I'm not yet an active skirmisher so I can't comment on using them in the field.

Archived