Five seveN

Kristoffer

If your so desperate for a 6mm, buy it and gut it, then slam in the internal from a 6mm GBB and get it to work, if its a problem to you, then you fix it, dont expect the company that sold it to do so as they wont, they will say the same.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your so desperate for a 6mm, buy it and gut it, then slam in the internal from a 6mm GBB and get it to work, if its a problem to you, then you fix it, dont expect the company that sold it to do so as they wont, they will say the same.

'FireKnife'

Sorry, but this is just plain stupid.

Of course every company has the freedom to build their guns as they like.

All people are saying is, that they will reach a far greater customer base with a 6mm-based model than a 8mm one, thus making more money in the process.

They seem to try getting people to buy the 8mm stuff for whatever reason, but a 6mm gun will almost certainly sell far more units. That can be considered as a fact.

So some people are shaking their heads in disbelief, because the 8mm varient may be nice, but would be not match for a 6mm which would not be more work to design.

They want 8mm users. But that one won't work as well as they hope. Because the number of people who won't buy it for the caliber reason alone can be considered not neglible.

Nice gun for all the Counterstrike and Splinter Cell fans out there, God only knows how many players want to feel like they're in a movie or video game. It IS pretty ugly. This 5-7 looks to be all show and no go.

True, while Marushin may want to start switching people over to 8mm, most of us find not only getting BB's for it tough, but ten times more expensive too. Still not going to happen considering 99 out of 100 replica's are 6mm. Consider this, we pay around 18-20 bucks for a bag of 3500-3750 higher grade 6mm BB's from your local shop. You pay the same amount for a bag of 500 8mm BB's then pay for shipping on top of that, because your local shop probably doesn't carry them.

If the gun actually is chambered in 8mm, which we don't know yet for sure, Marushin may or may not sell them out due to most of the buyer's impatience to wait for the 6mm version to be released. So, Marushin gets a quick profit rise that also quickly dies out. Then another company copies the design and we get the right thing the second time around. It's not going to be worth the cost unless you are a fan of both the gun and 8mm. Wait to buy it if you don't.

You know, this 'SOmeone will make it in 6mm' sentiment... I don't quite see it.

For YEARS now, everyone's been clamoring for a 5-7'n... Then someone makes one, and they get slammed, ridiculed and told 'no we don't like it like that'...

Do you think anyone else dares to try this again? Why should they, when it'll just incur r&d costs, because face it, no one but Marushin can use the molds for this one, and they probably wouldn't pick up 6mm conversion until they have gotten some of these sold.

ahahha, exactly, not too long ago everyone was crying for an L85 and an SA80....when the first came out everyone was b*tching about it............ its nothing new...

Grief.

Someone here is asking for a S&W auto from W.A? Well they make some already.

Yeah, they make the Shorty Fourty. w00t.

People are after a 5-7? Yep It sure is coming.
In 8mm, which is actually worse than not having the gun available at all.

People are after a Browning HP? Well, there are a few variants out there at the moment.. with the HP M35 due late march as well.
Name a good one that's out there at the moment.

People have asked... some suppliers have listened, and produced.

Now by the bloody things.

No. They're not what people want.

It is almost like... "ooooo. I want a cheap ferrari (or insert your favourite mode of travel)... and they release one.. and you go DAMMIT!.. I wanted it in midnight blue (insert favourite colour) instead of red!"
No. It's like someone releasing a cheap Ferrari, only to find that it's got the engine out of a Vespa. Ok, so it looks like a Ferrari, but it doesn't perform like one, so why bother owning it?

Don't forget how close to airsoft non-existance that the UK was (still is?) and RELISH your choices and buying power.

So we should buy *beep* just because airsoft is about to be banned? :huh: That makes no kind of sense at all.

:zorro:

8 mm or 6 mm... If you're stupid enough to look down the muzzle, you deserve to be dissappointed. And it wouldn't be realistic anyways. Why aren't people complaining about the fact that 99% of airsoft guns reveal the tell-tale brass inner barrel when you look at them from the business end?

Bunch of unappreciative whiny kids around these forums lately. Darn!

-Sale

and does (did?) anyone ever note that the mp7 is in 6mm for an RS 4.6? just because it is a marui?  :wacko:

:assassin:

Yeah, right. <_<

But did you ever notice that 6mm is much less off than 8mm?

Also, 6mm is the standard bb in widespread use. So no complaints at all (in fact, I own a MP7 and absolutely love it). Imagine only making the MP7 in 8mm. Take the current gun as it is and change payload to 8mm/0,34g. That would give you about 185 fps with the current power and increasing power with that tiny gearbox is not as easy as with full scale gearboxes. Apart from that other technical issues would arise (such as more volume in the barrel means you need a bigger cylinder...). R&D would not have been cheaper but the assumption that they would have less units that way can be considered a fact. So why do it in the first place?

But back to the Five-seveN.

Please tell me one sane reason why one should release a gun that has the following issues:

1.) The BBs cost about five times as much as they would have otherwise.

2.) The barrel diameter is off by 2,3mm instead of 0,3mm.

3.) 8mm is not practical for skirmishing (needs a lot of energy to travel reasonable distances and even then they are slow as hell due to their weight)

4.) I want a 8mm BB loader as well (if you play milsims on large fields like i do sometimes, you don't want to walk a mile back to the base to your BB bottles, carrying them in the field is plain stupid because they rattle like hell and give your location away easily, modifying BB loaders for silence is more useful than doing it with bottles, as field reloading with bottles SUCKS)

All of these could have been avoided by making the thing the right caliber. But no, someone there must have had his kneejerk day and decided to go with that stupid bigger BBs.

Now for the "if you slam this one, other manufacturers won't make 'em too"-issue:

If i were another manufacturer I would laugh my a** off, because now all I'd have to do would be to pick up the Marushin one, change barrel diameter and release it. Eeeeasy money....

Yeah, they could opt to go with the more beautiful models (Tactical and IOM are much more pleasure to look at than the somewhat toned down in style USG), but the main developtment runs into getting the internals to work properly I assume.

If a 6mm version is never to be released, then I'll be picking up Marushins product, but if they or another manufacturer comes up with a more favorable model, why shouldn't I pick it up instead of this one? It's a free market after all...

as to the whole barrel diameter thingy, I've got an MP5K. now the barrel diameter on that is off by a WHOLE THREE MILIMETERS! GASP! and the barrel diameter on my AK 47 is off BY ONE POINT SIX TWO MILIMETERS! SHOCK HORROR!

oh, and my glock 17 is off by a WHOLE THREE MILIMETERS! OH TEH NOES!!

only really *really* pedantic people will be irritated by *barrel size* i mean come on, really. people buy M82's and DE's and dont complain about the 'barrel being too big'.

i mean it's only really going to affect the people who collect, skirmishers wont (or shouldn't, at least) care what size the barrel is so long as it shoots. hot damn you guys are anal about the barrel being too big.

It's a Five-seveN. people who have waited for one, but it. people who dont like it, dont buy it. people who think its *beep* and is wrong for XYZ reasons, SHUT THE HELL UP, at least Marushin have made the ###### thing.

It's alright to complain about the cost of 8 mm BBs, and the fact that they don't offer similar performance as their 6 mm counterparts. I agree about those points. Then again, it's Marushin. They make 8 mm guns mostly, and they have every right to. They have also released 6 mm versions, so this is not the time to throw the spoon into the corner.

Crying about the fact that it's not that close to the real caliber is just EMO.

-Sale

8 mm or 6 mm... If you're stupid enough to look down the muzzle, you deserve to be dissappointed. And it wouldn't be realistic anyways. Why aren't people complaining about the fact that 99% of airsoft guns reveal the tell-tale brass inner barrel when you look at them from the business end?

Bunch of unappreciative whiny kids around these forums lately. Darn!

-Sale

You have a point about those inner barrels no doubts there, my point is (and I am not really a Fiveseven fan anyways) is that 8mm is a pain in the *albatross* in terms of cost and availability and in airsoft ballistic terms, puny. This does feel like an attempt to foist it on people as many seem to have been hoping for a Fiveseven for a long while so they know "diehard fans" will buy it anyway.

Old, bitter and cynical whiny kid signing off, ha ha :nosleep:

People wanted it, they got it and now "ohh its not how we like it" then fix it yourself, go to Marushin and say *whine* i want a 6mm version of the 5-7 *whine* then if they say NO then just face it, they dont want to make one. If your that desperate make it your self.

'FireKnife'

Baaaah, why doesn't anyone get that it's mostly about cost and performance.

More cost for exotic BBs which lead to subpar performance for skirmishing purposes. It's just stupid.

And yes, Marushin has the right to do what they want, if they wanted to make it pink, they could have. But from an economical view their move was less than optimal.

The fact that a 6mm version would have been a bit more true to the original just adds insult to injury, so please all you flame-trolls, go bother someone else. :angry:

"Emo" seems to be the new "script kiddie" or something like that, people without good arguments slap it onto everything they dislike to ridicule it instantly. Bite me. Especially you, Tinkerbell. Come up with real arguments or stop whining about other "whiners" (which will always be one step ahead in terms of stupidity). :P

No offense, but being stung in the heart by stupid "product managers" first an then being flamed by people who just kick beaten people lying on the ground makes me *really* mad.

</rant>

Archived