Fenix Light L2D CE Flash Light

nextmayor

A while back, I bought a Fenix L2D CE Flash Light on a whim. Over all I have to say that I am pretty impressed.

Fenix L2D CE - $57

http://www.fenixlight.com/flashlight/fenixl2d.htm

50,000 hours life on LED

135 lumens and Strobe

Digitally Regulated for Constant Brightness

two 1.5V AA ( Alkaline, Ni-MH, Lithium )

Made of aircraft grade aluminum

Durable Type III hard anodized finish

Water-resistant (dunkable)

Toughened ultra clear glass lens with AR coating

Push-button tail cap switch

I bought it more for a utlity light that a tac light, but for the last 3-4 months, I've carried it every day and have had no issues. After searching the web a bit more, I've found factory replacement parts for just about every component of the light (lens, bezel, body, lamp, switch, etc.). So I figured why not try using this for airsoft. At that time, I found a slight issue.

That isuse is that the body of the light is only .8" in diameter. I looked around but didn't find any rings or mounts that clearly were designed for that size. Then yesterday at a trade show, I saw the new SureFire M78 Rail Mount. I was very impressed. It's just a QD flash light mount that secures via the standard 1 nut. The flash light is held in place via a very secure / low profile locking cam / lever. Here's a link.

SureFire M78 E2E/4L Flashlight Mount - Universal Clamp Mount .8" Ring - $38

http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire-mount-m78.html

As noted in it's name / description, it calls out the .8" rings. So maybe, I just got lucky.

Just wondering if any one else is using the Fenix LD2 and has found a mount for it?

If so, what are you using and can you post any info / suggestions.

Has any one gotten the SureFire M78 Mount yet?

Again thought / suggestions?

Thanks

Archived