SR25 problems

enigma`

Hi, I recently bought the G&P SR25 metal receiver kit, the G&P Free Floating rail system w/ silencer, a stock TM M16A2(upgraded gears/bushings, 10.8v battery and a prometheus 6.03mm/550mm barrel.

My problem is that the SR25 currently has a very low fps and almost doesn't punch through paper. <_< It tends to misfeed some times too, not sure if that's just the 'bugs' I heard followed semi-auto weapons or if that is linked to the other issue.

I have reassembled the hop up, the gearbox/sylinder/piston etc. several times and still no improvement. One in ten shots also tend to be very low fps, and there's some misfeeding.

Could it be that the long(550mm) barrel creates a vaccum because of a too small sylinder? I read somewhere(think it was on the G&P website or in one of the papers following the kit) that a long gearbox was available, but what is the differance between getting one of those and just getting a larger bore sylinder? Will it help? The vaccum effect should affect each shot equally though, so that doesn't add up with my problems of variable fps etc..

Another problem is that with the stronger spring I had to change fuses all the time and I figured that was because the spring is too hard on the motor. I also added a ball bearing spring guide which builds about 1cm further pushing the spring together. I changed to the lowered powered spring and that seemed to help. Can the earlier described long gearbox help that problem too? I haven't found the long gearbox on any of the webshops I've searched on so if anyone knows where it can be bought and shipped worldwide(or if it can be bought?) I'd appreciate it.

To top it off with problems I'd also like to ask if anyone have any tips on how to get the metal hop-up that's attached to the outer barrel, correctly aligned inside the receiver ASWELL as making the RAS Free Floating rail(that screws ontop of the outer barrel(that's fixed to the hop-up) into the receiver) aligned with the rails ontop of the receiver! :unsure:

I tried to describe the problems the best I could, so if there's anything I left out or anything you need to know or if there's a better way, just say it.

I pray someone bothered to read it all! :unsure:

/edited slightly, thanks

Archived