Gepard

SPG

Have you already got the GBB? If not I'd try an AEP as you'll be able to hold the pistol in a lot more solidly. With GBB you'll have to make sure the slide can err slide.

Mind you if you do it you can connect the cocking handle up and voila it'll look excellent.

Still waiting for my AKS74U to turn up and growing to like my AEP Glock more and more, I might have to order a second one.

nope, i have no materials. my plan was to re-shape, re-stipple, bulk out etc the glock grip, trigger guard etc and add the thumbhole bit, possibly lighten the slide so that the bolt wont add much weight when added, i've also been toying with the idea of using a full length (maybe even real steel) bolt, gas piston (trimmed down), the works that is detactchable and hooks onto the top of the slide, but i recon that would be a tad tricky

urm drill fresh holes and rivet the trunnions back in place.. you're chopping things down at front or rear (sorry offhand cant remember which!) rather than cutting and shutting metal out the middle If you were than I'd just TIG it

1mm to 1.2mm plate isnt that thin Ive got body panels on scooters made out of lighter guage than that :)

I worked out I'll need to chop the back off the receiver body and the front off the receiver top cover. So no welding needed, as has been said, just drill new trunnion pin holes and voila.

Now why hasn't my AKSU arrived yet?

I worked out I'll need to chop the back off the receiver body and the front off the receiver top cover. So no welding needed, as has been said, just drill new trunnion pin holes and voila.

Now why hasn't my AKSU arrived yet?

nope, look at the pics and you'll see that the front is noticeably shorter, looks like a lot of the gap between the first 2 rivets and the indent is gone.

cuts2.jpg

cuts you'ld need to make on receiver few points highlighted for reference, sections to remove in red (will be pretty much to scale if printed at 100 dpi)

you will need to cut n splice the top cover (rear of the cover is now further forward but fire select is still in same place) as well as trimming down the front of it

as its not a load bearing part it should be straightforward enough to pack the two parts with internal strengthening and take a try at epoxying it together then filling it before repainting - worse case scenario cut it then TIG it

Archived