I picked up a KSC Folding Stock for my KWA 93r a while back, and figured I'd do a quick little review for anyone looking into buying one of these things.

Purchasing:

I ordered the stock from evike. It costs $30 there, which is a pretty good price, considering that I've seen it for $60 at other places. Wasn't actually in stock when I ordered it, so they sent it as soon as it was back in stock.

KSC M93r Stock

First Impressions:

When I first received the stock, it came in a plain white cardboard box. The cardboard used was pretty thin, and I don't think it offered too much protection during shipping. However, when I opened the box and slid the stock out it seemed to be in perfect condition, no worries. Onto the stock, it was fairly lightweight and made completely of metal. COMPLETELY. There is not one bit of plastic on this thing. Since it didn't come with any instructions, I had to figure out all the buttons and levers to get it to unfold. It's fairly simple and doesn't take long to figure out.

Fitting:

Unfortunately, this is where the the stock starts to lose points. It does fit the KWA M93r (NS2 model), however there is a slight amount of rotation around the pin that goes through the lanyard loop at the bottom of the grip. It's not that noticeable, but depending on who you are, it can be a real setback.

Performance:

Both good and bad. I'll start with the bad. The locking mechanism that keeps the stock unfolded relies on a lever that puts pressure on the extended half of the stock. Unfortunately, the pins that hold the lever on and let it rotate are much smaller than the holes in the lever that keeps the lever on, and causes the lever to be moved by the extended part of the stock, causing alot of wobble. This, combined with the fitment issue, causes the stock to feel very unstable when not held up to the shoulder. However, once you actually take aim and put pressure on it, the wobble is not nearly as noticeable and allows you to shoot comfortably.

The folding mechanism allows the 93r to be kept in a holster comfortably and can easily be deployed when needed, simply by pulling out on the but of the stock (when it's folded, the but of the stock is under the trigger guard) and swinging it out. The reverse is done for folding.

Because of the 3 round burst and full auto capabilities of the 93r, it is considerably more difficult to put all of your shots on target at range. However, with the stock on I have found it much easier to take accurate bursts on target at a distance. The stock is a bit odd to get used to because there is no cheek rest and the but is not in line with the bore, but it gets the job done.

One thing to note, is that although the stock is full metal, the metal used can be bent relatively easily if intentionally done, but won't be bending out of shape with regular use anytime soon.

Pros:

-looks awesome

-full metal

-folding capability

-controls recoil at range

-effective for MOUT/Field airsoft

-nice finish, won't be coming off anytime soon

Cons:

-wobble

-bendable metal

-ineffective in CQB; unnecessary

-a bit awkward at first

Score:

Appearance: 10/10 - looks totally bad *albatross*

Function: 8/10 - excessive wobble when not shouldered; good effect on accuracy when it is

Value for money: 9/10 - they could get away with selling this for $20

Overall: 9/10

Hoping to get pics up soon!

Edited by steaktipz