Automatic Thread Title Searching On Creation

Hey,

Was just about to start a thread on AV Forums typed in my thread title and it automatically searched for relevant threads and displayed them below.

Though It was good and could help on here, could essentially mean the end of double threads, duplicates and lazy people not bothering to do a search.

Seems good, possible to impliment here? OR would it cause other problems.

Thanks.

AV Forums is based upon vbulletin, whereas we're based on IPB. I'm not sure if there's an update or plugin out to allow any of the flashier web 2.0 content like this, but I can ask Arnie about it. :)

I do think you've seriously overrated the value of this feature though. People will double post out of sheer laziness - 9 out of 10 times, a dupe poster has not bothered to check for a predecessor. I agree that for the remainder of conscientious posters who genuinely can't get the search function to locate something this may help, but given the overall improvements to the forum's search function, the improvement will probably be minimal.