KWA 120 Magazine Issue

Dodger1911

Hello all, I searched the forums but didn't find any posts with this topic. I purchased a 6 pack of the KWA 120 polymer mags. I am having major feeding issues with these magazines in both my magpul masada PTS and m4 franken gun. The magazines seem to be feeing sporadicly in both guns as if the bbs aren't making it into the hop chamber, or the spring isn't pushing the bbs with enough force to keep up with the rate of fire. the magpul is bog stock running a 9.6 battery so the rof isn't out of control. Has anyone ran into this with these magazines?

Also, when I released the spring tension to dump the extra bbs out it just doesn't seem to be a lot of force behind them. This is especially true when compared to my magpul pts 120 round p-mags. Should I try cutting some of the mag spring to give more tension?

any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks all!

Dodger

• 3 months later...

I've had similar issues with King Arms midcaps in the past,
It could be down to the rounds you are using, as some brands of midcap just dont get on with some makes of bb.
Other possible causes ,
The follower in the mag could be getting stuck (happened with my G&P tracer mags, after minor filing  to the follower they feed reliably )

A final suggestion is that could the mag not be sitting in the magwell quite right? perhaps a little lower that it should, or slightly too far forward/back as some mags seem smaller than others 

Archived