G&P M249 nutsack

cornhusker

Hello gents,

I was wondering if anybody modded a real 200rd nutsack mag to work with the G&P m249? I'm thinking it would be as easy as putting the internals of the stock G&P mag into the nutsack and then drilling a hole into the top for the feed tube. But thinking its easy doesn't really turn out the way you hope on most occasions :P

If anybody has any pictures of a 200rd nutsack modded or even a 100rd nutsack, please post them.

Thanks!

I've tried to do exactly that, because the one flaw in the G&P system that I've found is the weakness of the stock mag connector (I've broken two of them).

However, you're right – it's not as easy as it sounds. It may not even be possible. Right now I've sent one off to my dad to have a crack at it, since he's got an engineering degree and a real shop and all... but it still looks doubtful. The main problem stems from the fact that the tension bracket is longer on the real ones than on the G&P, so you'd have to drill THROUGH it, and the best case of doing that is that maybe you compromise its integrity completely, if you can even get it to mount at all.

Archived