wanting to make a bb machine gun

blade3

Blade if you're serious about this I suggest you sign up to the forum of the American Spudgun Technology Centre (SPUDTECH)

spudlogo.jpg

And check out the BBMG section. There you'll find stickies on how to make a Strafer (like Piper's) and a Cloud BBMG, both of which run from an air compressor.

You should howvere check your local firearms regulations first to see if the thing is legal, and be aware that there's not a hope in hell of anyone letting you use it for airsoft. For a start it's much harder to chrony something spitting out that many BBs, and also as it's homebuilt it's much, much harder to guarantee consistancy.

However, making one from pressure rated PVC piping is perfectly feasable, they've been comprehensively tested by Spudtech members and the chamber pressure has been found to be about 40psi, well within the tolerances of PVC.

Whilst you're there you might want to check out some of the other designs too. Blowing my own trumpet I'd mention my rotating breach BBMG, which works very well too and is much less wasteful of air than either of the above mentioned designs (although harder to make).

Hope all of this helps, like I said, join that forum read what's been written, don't just ask for plans (use the search - look at the stickies) or they'll call you an *albatross*-clown. And be careful.

Hey SPG! Didnt know you used to post here (though you only have 30 posts and I have.. 5 or something like that.. I like to just lurk in the dark).

I was about to post a reply with a link to spudtech and give some information on this, but it seems as you have covered it.

I just want to point out one more thing. If you know how to work with plastic sheets (PVC) or metal sheets, you can make some cool designs of a strafer. But as SPG has pointed out, I dont think anyone will allow you to play with it. The ridiculous amount of firepower it has is a good way to injure someone and these things fire way over the forum limits (mine does at least). You can reduce velocity by using less pressure.

PS. most gas supplies cant keep up with the damand this gun has.

can i reitterate the dangers of compressed gasses.

ive seen compressed cylinders explode, unfortunatly killing the people around it

ive seen a oxy acetelyne unit explode fortuatly the operator survived

ive seen a gas cylinder explode killing 3 girl guides and burning 4 others

ive been informed of cock ups with air lines where people have "had a laugh" and killed people by for one case inserting it into someone elses anus and inflating it. casuing an massive air embolysime (see fast and nasty way to die)

part of my training as an engineer has been compressed air manitanace and use.

i know the buildeers can lay bricks and use a hammer and nails THEY ARE NOT high pressure line engineers. its a skilled profession and the seafty levels which have to be designed into such items is beyond your comprehension.

the "compressor" your using if its a comercial unit will be able to compress gas to about 200 bar which is 200 X atmospheric pressure. car tyres are normal 2 bar. 2 bar can kill 200 WILL kill if not treated with respect. aslo you will ned a regulator not a tyre valve.

if you realy realy realy want an MG BUY ONE not toss around with technical things you obviously know sod all about

also as a side issue a compressor requires ALOT of power to run not an aeg battery more like 240 volts and i cant see you lugging THAT around a site.

Carrion, that's why I stressed the stuff about firearms etc and directed this member to the Spudtech forum where there's a lot more of a knowledge base that there is here.

I'd love to know where you got you 200 BAR - 2940 psi compressors though, mine won't go past about 10 BAR.

its called a diving compressor it CAN go to 300 bar to allow for tank testing but its normaly around the 200 -240 bar mark.

it is a large unit tho. obviously having not seen the one he has i cant exactly make an educated guyess on its capacity so i went from what i have access to.

running from a diving tank yould be safewr as you can get step down regs etc for it more easily nad they will work.

I have been using a 200bar (3000psi) setup for one of my strafers, and I use a hand pump to fill the tank. Its quite similar to the FX super stroke pump made for airguns. Paintball tanks has a regulator in them that regulate the pressure down to 800psi. After that I have another regulator that brings the pressure down to 60psi. So if you use pressure rated parts, you can make it safe. Its just that it costs a lot of money.

Blade, when the tanks explodes and you evaporate in a fiery hellstorm of metal, the last thing youll be thinking off was carrion's speal back there. Juts buy a machine gun. It will be easier, safer and probably cheaper, not to mention better looking. btw, a carpenter is in no way qualified to handle high pressure machinery. He builds houses, not gas lines. Dont take this as me flaming you or patronizing you. Im just trying to look out for your best intetrests, and id really hate to see you in the newspapers. NOt to mention, if none of that matters to you, youll only be fuel for the VCR bill comitees. Just foot the bill and buy a STAR M249, or an M500 if you want a shotgun

you can find the m249 at www.airsoftgi.com and the M500 at www.wgcshop.com

Stay safe,

ONi

Blade, when the tanks explodes and you evaporate in a fiery hellstorm of metal, the last thing youll be thinking off was carrion's speal back there. Juts buy a machine gun. It will be easier, safer and probably cheaper, not to mention better looking. btw, a carpenter is in no way qualified to handle high pressure machinery. He builds houses, not gas lines. Dont take this as me flaming you or patronizing you. Im just trying to look out for your best intetrests, and id really hate to see you in the newspapers. NOt to mention, if none of that matters to you, youll only be fuel for the VCR bill comitees. Just foot the bill and buy a STAR M249, or an M500 if you want a shotgun

you can find the m249 at www.airsoftgi.com and the M500 at www.wgcshop.com

Stay safe,

ONi

Archived