Small problem with CA36c

shappychews

I just got my first AEG, the CA36c after reading tons of reviews online, and I couldnt be happier! After playing with my new toy for a while, I have to agree that this little plastic toy is so great. I never thought shooting plastic bbs can be so fun!

Anyway, to the problem that I have...

My friend was handling the gun, and he accidentally dropped the gun on the floor (and I let out a cry of ARghhghghghghghghhghhhhh) but luckily nothing broke... or so we thought...

The next day, i tried shooting the gun and noticed something really weird... all my shots are kinda off to the right! So... I thought it might be a hop-up problem.. but after playing around with the hop up, it does not really solve the problem.. it might arc up or down, but still everything is a little bit off to the right. So, I tried adjusting the rear sight. Finally, after putting the rear sight WAYYY (like maximum) to the left, it kinda compensated for the shots that are going to the right...

But now, after every maybe 14-15 shots (if i go semi and really fast), there would be a weird sound and one bb would go RANDOMLY shooting out WAY off target (like it has a homing device and goes 45 degree from the trajectory line)....

My guess is that the barrel is bent from the drop... but is that even possible? Everything seems solid, but when I eyeball the barrel after taking out the hand guard, it seems it is slightly off to the right (but I dont know any way to confirm my suspicion) Did anyone ever have this kind of problem? Or any explanation why I have the shots off to the right?

Any input would be great... And sorry if I put this topic on the wrong forum.... I dont know if this is for the newbie discussion, technical or general discussion...

Hmm... I played some more and really noticed the problem...

It seems like everytime the gun is trying to load bb really fast, the problem with the "crazy" bullet occurs and it would make a loud "PING" sound like the garand ejection clip....

I think I am going to try to take out the barrel and roll it on a flat surface to see if it is still straight...

Archived