edit post.

i get the stuff below if i try to edit my post. and if i click edit, and submit post without any amendments, it goes in fine.

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_posts SET author_id=555,use_sig=1,use_emo=1,ip_address='youriphere',post_date=1171849258,icon_id=0,post='RRP in brackets<br /><br />KSC USPc pistol. [with original box and stuff inside] (130)<br />2x spare KSC mags (25 each) (3 mags in total)<br />uncle mike's holster (no idea how much exactly, not cheap, not readilly available in the UK iirc it's in the reigion of 20quids+post from the US)<br />pistol hard case (5-10quids depending where you get them from, nothing special)<br /><br />looking around 150ish.<br /><br />whatever the edit that goes in here.',author_name='urban-ninja',topic_id=98688,queued=0,post_htmlstate=0,pid=1227419,edit_time=1171948117,e

dit_name='urban-ninja',append_edit=1 WHERE pid=1227419

mySQL error: Incorrect key file for table: 'ibf_posts'. Try to repair it

mySQL error code:

Date: Tuesday 20th of February 2007 05:08:37 AM

i stuck it in quote instead of code so that it shows up nicer :P and the red bold comes up too

I'm having the same problem - but oddly only with certain threads such as my sales thread.

As it appears to be an issue with sales threads for you also, perhaps there has been a limited added globally to the edit time for sales? If this is the case it affects global moderators also, and I'm unaware of it!

• 1 month later...

Just tried it on the same thread and I've got the Database error again, and on a different thread with the same result.

If I start a thread myself, I can edit though. :S

Regarding frequency, I've only just noticed it happening to me, but I can't remember the last time I edited the first post of a thread.