SCAR gearbox problems

twiglet

OK I've had this problem for a while now (mainly because the damned thing was giving me so match hassle I just gave up after a while), anyway I've dug up my CA SCAR gearbox and decided to give it another go.

It is my first shim job and it seems to work fine in that it will fire as long as i hold down the trigger but for some reason the anti reversal latch doesn't seem to want to work, it all works fine when I just rotate it with a screw driver without a spring in it (even the anti reversal latch) but when I connect a motor up it just goes "whizzz" when I let go of the trigger.

The whole thing has given me grief from day one when the tappet plat snapped, and it was such a job to get the gearbox in and out of the gun that I decided to put new high speed Systema helical gears and a Systema reversal latch in before putting the gearbox back in the gun.

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it otherwise im just going to probably buy a new gearbox as it would be simpler than this.

Archived