JG M4 misfeeding

swannie_2006

Hey all,

A very mysterious problem I am facing: MAG M4 mid-caps used in a JG M4. They feed fine for the first 10 rounds and then they get jammed or something but defiantely not feeding BBs any more .

I have to go to full auto and turn the gun upside down to get them to work after that!! I've sprayed some silicons spray on them to help the flow, but this doesnt seem to help.

No idea why this is happening. The very same mags have been used in a G&P M4 without any apparent problems.

Any help ?

Thanks

Okay i had the same problem with my JG M16a2 which is why i got it cheap off kapowee.

Take down your gun and pull the barrel/hop assembly out. Check your hopup spring (the one that pushes it towards the nozzle) If it is bent or messed up or looks to stretched out either cut it down or replace it. I cut mine down and now I dont get any missfires. I belive they used springs abit too long and it causes missfeeds. Because the hopup actually doesnt sit far enough away from the nozzle, so the bbs ramp up and dont go in the hop cuase they hit the tip of the nozzle causing missfeeds....

It may be an issue with the mag. I found even on my G&P, certain mags would misfire.

I found that the build of some mags are minutely thinner than other mags ( or wear easily), meaning after a few shots, the vibration of the gun makes the mag drop down just enough to stop the feed.

This may not necessarily be the case, but you can check by pushing up on the mag ( into the magwell) when it begins to misfire and seeing if it will then continue to fire. If it continues to fire after pushing it up firmly into the magwell, this could be the issue.

If that is the case, I resolved the problem by sticking a layer of insulation tape on the inside sections of the magwell ( or magazine ) to add thickness. When the mag goes it, it stays in firmly, and feeds perfectly.

A.I :)

Archived