Bulk Propane Adaptor

Phatvortex

Recently I've been looking at buying an AI propane adaptor, but on further investigation the cylinders its compatible with are getting harder to find in this country, and pretty expensive.

So I've come up with an idea to use one of the 3.9kg calor gas propane cylinders. The problem is though, the whole plan hinges on being able to get liquid gas out of the cylinder.

So, I'm wondering if anyone who owns one can let me know whether, when inverted, the tank will spew liquid, or whether I'm out of luck?

You may want to have a word with Tom Andrews, he has a large propane bottle that he attached an adaptor to, which allows players access to free propane. Very nice!

You could also look into buying a few of the 400g bottles and refilling them. There’s an adaptor (which I can only seem to find in the US) that attaches a large propane bottle to a small 400g one, and allows it to be filled. A 13kg bottle of propane would fill a 400g bottle some 32 times, which at the VERY cheapest is equal to just under £100 worth of small bottles. A 13kg bottle from Calor (including the refill agreement charge) cost about £50.

Just to add, rather than get the refill agreement charge from your supplier, try going to your local recycling rubbish dump. Ours has a wire cage with different gas bottles in there.

They were more than happy to let me pick and choose from them. (Gas suppliers simply do a full for emplty swop, no paperwork is required)

If you have a local Calor gas supplier then you need a Calor Gas marked bottle. They won't accept an 'Astra gas' bottle for instance. My local garage supplies 13kg for £22, a boating marina near our site sells it for £18..........

Archived