Full steel Kalash RK01(aksu)

0nslaught

Im going to buy the full steel rk01 from rsov soon, but before i do, i want to make sure im getting a gun i can use right out of the box for a long time. im going to be buying:

Kalash AKSU

MAG mags

Elite 9.6 2200 mAh battery

after lots of searching, here is a list of the things that have been recommended by many people to do to the gearbox before it is a true skirmishable weapon

1.swap the motor, i hear that the stock one will work with 9.6 batteries, but i want a good ROF and i read that the stock motor wont cut it with 9.6 or greater.

2.get rid of those plastic bushings

are the ones in the full steel version still plastic?

are they 7mm?

3.clean out a lot of the grease in the gearbox, and reshim the gears

is it that bad? i hear that if you fire it without cleaning it, a lot of the gunk gets in the hop up and barrel

4. swap out the spring with a weaker one

it seems that with a weaker spring, the gearbox runs quite well right?

now those are the things that have been recommended, now i was wondering if i should swap out the hop up and the bucking

i was thinking that ill get a new bucking and get the pro-win hop up chamber. will that fit in the rk01?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Your battery probably won't fit. The Elite 9.6v 1500 mah batteries will fit for sure as that is what I used in mine.

The gearbox is 7mm. I would opt to switch to a TM based hop up if possible although they seem to be sold out everywhere.

Archived