Prometheus MS100

Schaap

Guys, I'm starting to worry about something...

Last skirm, my original G&P M4A1 (Actually a boomarms custom) was shooting stock 375-380fps...

I changed the spring with a prometheus MS100 spring, hoping to shoot 350fps or under (with .20gr)

My first 'test' show that it actually shoots weaker than before, but will it shoot under 350fps?

Can anyone tell me if I need to start worrying, or cut a few rings of my spring so I won't have to go home? :P

Thanks,

Ben

With decent to good compression and a ball bearing spring guide, every single prometheus ms100 that ive installed in the past four months has shot over 350 fps. Im not sure whats gong on since the last 30 or so ive installed over the past five years have all come in under 350.

basically if it doesnt go through both sides of a Coca Cola can with 0.2s you should be fine.

It doesn't anymore (it did with the old spring), but does make a dent on the "exit" than a stock CA M15A4 & HFC M192 (on greengas), which make about an equal dent...

With decent to good compression and a ball bearing spring guide, every single prometheus ms100 that ive installed in the past four months has shot over 350 fps. Im not sure whats gong on since the last 30 or so ive installed over the past five years have all come in under 350.

Any experience with G&P in particular?

It may shoot slightly weaker, but every score over 330 or 340 is still perfectly normal. You can squeeze the spring a little bit by adding, as mentioned above, a ball bearing spring guide and a piston head. Check if the air compression is fine, and if it is, you probably won't get much more out of it. I've inserted JBU m100 to my Thompson TM (ball bearing piston head) and now it shoots 345fps, which I consider a very good score.

G&P is very very similar to CA (internally). Decrease in power after a few months is perfectly normal, because even in its rest position, the spring is being slightly compressed. My M4 from CA had lost 30-40 fps in a year, but then again, I don't like CA anyway :P

Archived