King Arms LaRue Handguards and the DyTac MUR

Fuser

So

I just received a King Arms LaRue 9" tactical handguard today from UNCo. It is in great shape and (for those who are interested) the quality is excellent. However I'm having issues installing it on my DyTac MUR upper.

Here's the thing. The "keeper" or anti-rotation device that secures the whole unit is designed to be used with a standard upper. The MUR is slightly out of spec and this little piece of metal will not sit properly on the upper.

I realize that the same problem existed with real firearms, until VLTOR released the second generation MUR that is compatible with this little keeper.

The same can't be said for airsoft, as DyTac's design is still based on that of the first gen. So there's no alternative.

I could sand/file down the little part on the keeper that's obstructing correct installation, but it would take a while.

So I'm wondering if there's a company that produces modified keepers or can modify keepers to fit on the old gen MUR. I'd rather buy a modified piece of metal than butcher mine.

I also realize that many people (with RS firearms) have sliced in half their keepers or even left them out all together, but this seems stupid and pretty rash if there are better alternatives.

So I'd really appreciate some help or insight. Thanks!

Looking at this situation again, the keeper doesn't seem all that necessary, especially with an airsoft gun. Can anyone comment on how necessary it is/isn't?

I know not a lot of people have this thing yet, so this is kind of a long shot...

Archived