Real Stock

wazzy1013

Your best off buying a mcmillan knockoff stock, because a real mcmillan stick costs a whole lot and plus that would kind of be a waste of such a high quality stock. Just type in a4 stock on google and see if you can find a look alike. This is also coming from a high power rifle shooter. Those stocks are desinged to be fiberglass bedded and that would also set you back monewise a good amount.

yeah; i tried looking for knockoffs but i had alotof trouble finding them; and ones i did find seemed a little iffy; which is the main reason im not looking into the Fortress since what i really want is to make a m40a3 (doesn't need to be exact to the real thing; but mainly the body and stuff)

Guess i just need to find someone or at least a person who'd possibly work on it to warrant the spending of the $$$$

You can always go to a woodshop and ask them (if they have a skilled enough creaftsmen) like one guy did with his sv 98. His father was a woddsman so it didnt cost him very much. I think that is your best bet. May cost you a good deal though. Or you could take the fortress stock and strengthen the weak areas or if they do crack use some sort of ceramic to fill it in, smooth it, and paint it.

Archived