A&K M249 Barrel Issues

bankz5152

Hi,

Ive tried a few things to try and fix this but nothing seems to work.

Basically the quick release barrel system does not stay in resulting in A) a loss in airpressure Ai) loss in power B) when you pick it up by the handle the front barrel falls off.

It dont think it clicks in like it used to.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

I pull the lever on mine fully back, then insert the barrel and brace the muzzle on a rubber mat on the floor so it's fully pushed back.

Then I release the catch and let the barrel travel slightly forward

Then if the barrel starts to slide forward further it'll only travel a couple mm and then the catch will lock.

I just put the stock on the floor/my thigh and give it a good push.

If you have a heat shield like on the Mk.2 or para take that off when your putting the barrel back on as it makes it a little easier to do.

Check all the bolts and grub screws on the handle assembly. Mine had a grub screw work loose that caused the problem you describe, the barrel felt like it was in place but wouldn't 'click' and fell out when I picked it up by the handle.

:devil:

Also check that little shiny round bit that goes around the outer barrel near the hop unit and make sure it's not backwards. If it is, you can't push the outer barrel all the way into place and it won't lock in properly.

Archived