20rd "VN" style mags in frag pouches?

uscrocks29

Like PsychoJim, I have been able to get (2) 20 round M16 mags in a SDS Frag Pouch, but it is very very tight. I've found it best to mount the pouch on your rig, then load the pouch with 2 mags and let it sit as long as possible before you need to use it.

By tight, I do not mean that it's hard to squeeze the mags into the pouch. What is tight is getting the lid to snap closed. 2 mags in my SDS Woodland Frag pouch fit nicely, but the lid was very tight.

On top of that. not all frag grenade pouches have the same dimensions. I only have 2 SDS Frag Pouches and 1 TAG Frag Pouch. (2) 20 round mags fit in my SDS pouches, but 2 don't fit in the TAG pouch.

While I can't find it now, there was an excellent post on Lightfighter Tactical Forums (http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums) that had pictures of different brands of frag pouches and how the 20 round mags fit in them. Like I said, it was a good post, but I couldn't find it. I did search for "grenade mag", "frag mag", and 20 round mag pouch.

Archived