WA M92FS elite II

ruchik

I received a WA Elite II a short while ago in a trade. The problem is that the slide lock, while working perfectly fine when racking the slide back on an empty magazine, refuses to work normally when being fired. It will not lock back on an empty magazine when firing. I have taken it apart and looked at the slide notch, it's not worn down at all. I was wondering if this was due to one of 2 problems: is the mag follower not pushing up hard enough against the slide notch, or like some other WA 1911's I have fired does something need filing in order for it to work properly (i.e. the pins in the plunger tube)?

I received a WA Elite II a short while ago in a trade. The problem is that the slide lock, while working perfectly fine when racking the slide back on an empty magazine, refuses to work normally when being fired. It will not lock back on an empty magazine when firing. I have taken it apart and looked at the slide notch, it's not worn down at all. I was wondering if this was due to one of 2 problems: is the mag follower not pushing up hard enough against the slide notch, or like some other WA 1911's I have fired does something need filing in order for it to work properly (i.e. the pins in the plunger tube)?

Have you tried lubing the mechanics surrounding the hammer area(hammer,sear et all) ?

If there is any undue friction there,the hammer will still fall as the slide blowbacks,but the movement of the slide will be somewhat hindered and eventually leads to the slide returning to battery a fraction of a second too early for the notch to be caught by the the slide catch.

I've cured two WA and a WE with the above reasoning.No guarantee it'll solve your problem though,but at least ,it won't do any harm.

Cheers

Archived