Anyone here play Metal Gear Online?

Fuser

So I've had MGS4 for quite some time now, and I've been playing MGO for a while. When I was just starting out, I tried to Create a Game in the Free Battle lobby. I promptly got a message along the lines of 'Unable to Create Game in Current Network Environment 0693:00000001'. At the time, I didn't really care, and I just played in open lobbies, never as a host.

Well now I'd like to make a game, but I'm getting the same message.

I've been browsing some forums on the topic, and this is what I've done so far.

I've forwarded all the necessary ports to the Playstation Network (80, 443, 5223, 3479, 3658).

I've enabled UPnP everywhere; in my PS3's Network Settings, in the game's network options, and on my router.

I've added my PS3's IP to my router's DMZ.

I've changed the default port in the game to a higher port (heard it might work).

I've completely turned off and rebooted my router and my PS3 system.

I've performed a network check on my PS3, and I get 'Completed' messages next to IP, Wireless Connection, and Playstation Network. I get an 'Available' message next to UPnP. I get a 'Type 3' message next to NAT Type.

I've done all this, and yet I still get an immediate negative response when I try to create a game (it appears almost immediately, as if the PS3 isn't really checking the settings).

If it helps to know, I have a Linksys WRT54G router.

Can anyone offer some help? I've found partial answers elsewhere, but never a complete and simple solution. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

As funny as this might sound did you change your upload speed on MGO to 512kb? Keeping it at 128kb makes it work a treat.

At least, it did for me. Start up MGO and is should be in the options somewhere in there. Shouldn't take long to find it since its easy to work with.

Whats everyones usernames btw?

I'm ArranP My claim to fame? I was ranked 9th for Sneaking. Broke the top 10 in September but I've fallen down to the 30's because the game was starting to take over my life. I rarely play now

watching the Epilogue right now to the story.

*suitcase* the first time I played through I had to ###### sooo bad but I wouldn't get up or touch the controller for fear that I would miss something/shut off the system.

Big mistake, such a *fruitcage* long ending.

Anyway, I went out today and bought an ethernet cable, to see if it would change my ability to host. It didn't, nor did it prevent my ping from being terrible half of the time. I did another system check and I noticed that I'm always coming out as NAT Type 3, no matter what. SO I think as long as I'm NAT 3 I won't be able to enable UPnP, and won't be able to host.

Final solution: Buy a new router, maybe even a new modem. May even switch to a different ISP.

Frontiernet.

I just plugged the PS3 directly into the modem using an ethernet, bypassing the router altogether, and I still cannot host. My ping is much, much better, but it seems that no matter what, I'll be NAT 3 with this ISP, and therefore UPnP will not be available.

Archived