M203 short or long?

Wehrmacht54

Im gonna buy an m203 tomorrow, and im gonna mount it on a sr16, but im not totally sure whether to get the short version (which looks better on a M4) because I dont know if it will have enough room to chamber a nerf mini football (which is what most people at our events use) Does anyone know, or should I just be safe and get the long m203?

Get the long one. Period. You want as much barrel as possible to stuff that round in. The farther you cram the football in the more range/power you get. Plus I don’t even think you can fit a nerf football with a shell behind it in the short version. Also, if you can at all afford to get a rifled barrel get that as well, it will dramatically increase range. BTW what manufacturer are you going with (SP, CA, G&P?)

Get the G&P long if you want it to shoot nerf stuff. Its FM stock and the action is pretty smooth. I originally bought a long for the same reason but I never used the football, just 24rnd grenades, so I cut it down to a 9in. with a belt saw.

Archived