Pics from some recent training

Went back down to Ft Pickett from some training and was actually able to take a few pics this time around...

Although they were long days (first week were 20 hr days of continuous Op's) there were few complaints since we knocked out alot of good training in a short time span... We fired over 50,000 cumulative rounds over 4 days (including 9,000 Mk19 rounds and 11,000 rounds of .50)

Even though most of my time was spent instructing my Joes and working as a range safety I did manage to get a few rounds off as well...

SDC10614.jpg

SDC10427.jpg

Of course the main goal is to get our guys the training they need... This covered transitions, convoy live fire, the HEAT trainer (which simulates a rollover)

SDC10448.jpg

SDC10469.jpg

SDC10536.jpg

SDC10523.jpg

But it wasn't all work... Our last day of training we got to break in some new paintball guns with a little FoF training...

SDC10749.jpg

And there is no better way to validate training than us shooting the hell out of the guys we had been training haha...

SDC10750.jpg

Nice pics :D

As for the Picture of the soldier aiming his M9 towards you guys, what is he doing? Is he demonstrating proper stance, or maybe the target for disarming a pistol wielding enemy? I found that picture odd, as the range I go to doesn't allow weapons to be point anywhere but down range.

Also, how are those RAP4 markers? Any good?

Simply touching on proper stance... You can't see from the angle but there is actually nobody directly in front of him

That said during training we routinely have to point our weapons at each other... To mitigate that risk every weapon is cleared by the user and then buddy checked by another soldier

The thing with only have weapons up and downrange is that leads to training scars... There is no such thing as "down range" in the real world, as such we play by big boy rules (whenever Bn isn't around to breath down our necks)... As long as proper weapons etiquette is being enforced all is kosher

SDC10478.jpg

SDC10460.jpg

SDC10473.jpg

SDC10481.jpg

SDC10425.jpg