Metal frame/slide durability?

urbandork

I was thinking of getting a w/a 1911 type gun and putting a metal slide and reciver on it.

My question goes out to all those who have a full metal set up like this and actually skirmish with it a bit. How durable is the finish? Does it wear in places? Hows it hold up on repeated use?

thanks

If you get a two tone slide or a silver slide from shooters design, it gets scaratched qutie easily. However, my full metal infinity is sturdy as hell. Ive taken it out to skirmish loadsa times.. dropped it 3 times too.. lol but nothing happened to it so far, but i give it regular maintinance. The plastic grip (like in the real gun itself i heard) is pretty strong, and the frame is unscratchable :).

I also have a SW1911, and im also totly in love with that, but i dont have metal parts for it yet cos im waiting for a kimber. You should ask MARCUS for this type of thing, duno if he goes skirmishing much but hes the 1911 God :). I take the SW1911 out sometimes but i use the infinity more, and its still goin strong :D

-ham-

Cool cus i have a hicapa but for some time now ive been wantnig a single stacker. With cocobolo grips and a slide only polished on the side with serations in the front and back.

I was thinking of using a w/a fbi trials scw ver 2 and putting on a springfeild slide and frame with better cocobolo grips.

My other question was do they make a springfeild hybrid slide. Something that retains the springfeild makings on the slide but incorporates a ported barrel and hole for it in the slide?

Archived